Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im looking for the right tuner i have the pcv with auto tune right now ive been told that it wont work for what im about to do im goin to go with ported heads and stage 2 cams and 58mm tb on my 07 aw 1130 and down the road a trask kit if anyone has any ideas im ready to hear them

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
I'm curious about, "What you've heard." Shouldn't the auto tune do anything that a monkey with a dyno' can do? I ask because I've been wavering between buying some dyno' time or going with the auto tune module.

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ive just talked to a few people about this and they have told me that with the bigger cams it has a hard time doing its job

·
Registered
276 Posts
Ive just talked to a few people about this and they have told me that with the bigger cams it has a hard time doing its job
We use the t`max user friendly and is capable (with experienced dyno shop) the unit is more than capable of handeling almost any engine combination, on our LSR bike we are using it and are for the most part happy with its capabilities. Personally i know of two shops that can get it right, Trask in AZ and Goes HD in Texas, I'm sure there are many more but I know what I'm getting from either one, Best of luck.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Are you looking to sell your Autotune? I have a 2007 aw that I would love to put it on!!

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
The PC-5 is capable of adjusting for what you need but you will need a dyno tune for your base map. The autotune may not work very well with the cams due to fresh air in the pipe at low speeds but the pc-v will handle what you are talking about fine just unhook your auto tune, get it dyno tuned, and then you can experiment with the putting the autotune back on. I know of a bike here running similar to what you are talking about making 133 once it was tuned with a pc-v with no drivability issues, it is not running the autotune though so that is anyone's guess.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts