Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to buy the end caps from US made VSRCF stock pipes. Just the tail ends, as the rest of the pipes seem identical here. Not the endings though.

I got a ticket ($156CDN) today from a SQ (Quebec state/provincial police) for my mufflers (V&H Slipons).

He never used any decibel meters. He just asked me to start the engine and immediately told me that because my pipes are *NOT* HD OEM, I was getting a ticket. Knowing that arguing was not gonna help, I stayed calm, polite and generally quiet (unlike my bike ;).

Now, I would like to drill my stock pipes, but here in Canada the VRSCF come with the same stupid pipe endings as in Australia. They don't look bad but they don't lend themselves to drilling as nicely.

With US style endings, I will be able to drill the my pipes but in a progressive way... It seems those of you with drilled pipes went all the way to 6 - 8 holes at once. I would like to start with 4 holes / pipe to start and only increase to get the right level of sound (ideally below the legal threshold (still have to figure out what amount of DB that is). I don't mind if at full throttle they exceed the legal limit, as long as at idle up to close to mid range they are in the fuzzy zone near the limit.

This way, I should no longer be bothered by the cops.

Thanks,

VRodThumper

·
Registered
460 Posts
I have a set NIB if you're interested PM me an offer

1 - 5 of 5 Posts