Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There are several pieces of stock equipment that I'm looking for. Rather than go the Ebay route, I'd rather buy from someone on the forum. I'd like to try some different mods on some of the factory parts (and I'm bound to get less than satisfactory results on many of these). Let me know if you have something lying around. Ex. Exhaust, pegs, dogs ass :), lighting parts, airbox cover, shocks, etc. Thanks!

·
Submariner
186 Posts
c4550 said:
There are several pieces of stock equipment that I'm looking for. Rather than go the Ebay route, I'd rather buy from someone on the forum. I'd like to try some different mods on some of the factory parts (and I'm bound to get less than satisfactory results on many of these). Let me know if you have something lying around. Ex. Exhaust, pegs, dogs ass :), lighting parts, airbox cover, shocks, etc. Thanks!
Frank,

Try CW-VRod for the shocks. He offered them a very reasonable price seeing as how they're $175 each at the dealer.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Frank, my old pegs are yours if you want them. I am still using everything else though. PM me for an address for me to send them.

Dan

·
Registered
214 Posts
The whole bunch-o-parts

I'll ship everything you see here for $50 bucks paypal. (UPS ground -Contiguous US only). Everything is used (about 4500 miles worth). Rt. side mirror has very small scratch on stem.

OR

Trade me something... Like a rear pulley... (i'd like an extra to polish or have chromed).

I also have a stock seat and passenger pillion - make me an offer on that.

Leon

Attachments

·
Registered
187 Posts
c4550 said:
I have a set of stock exhaust - make me an offer!

Ron

·
Vroddin' Madman
271 Posts
rmyers said:
I have a set of stock exhaust - make me an offer!

Ron
:soapbox: Not to flame you Ron as you are undoubtedly just trying to make a buck - but aren't we a close enough group to just help each other? Tell him what you want for them - don't worry about eekin an extra buck! Hell, if they are just collecting dust in your garage, give him the dang things if he needs them.

Sorry Ron - Here beat me with this chair :chair:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Out of line!

Whitelighter said:
:soapbox: Not to flame you Ron as you are undoubtedly just trying to make a buck - but aren't we a close enough group to just help each other? Tell him what you want for them - don't worry about eekin an extra buck! Hell, if they are just collecting dust in your garage, give him the dang things if he needs them.

Sorry Ron - Here beat me with this chair :chair:
Hold on a second Whitelighter! You are way out of line. :chair: First of all I am not just trying to make an extra buck. In fact the reason I said make me an offer is because I didn't really care and you are right they are collecting dust, but that does not mean they have no value. And the fact that I do not know what he is going to do with them means that I do not know of what value they are to him, thus the reason for asking him to make me an offer.

Yes we are a close group here but I haven't seen people giving valuable stuff away. But hey since you mentioned it, what do you have in your garage that I can have! I bet ozzycustoms has some nice inventory of custom tanks laying around, and I bet heavycycles has plenty of LED sets laying around and we are a close group here which is why these guys tend to give us better deals than retail.

Bottom line is it was never about the money, I simply answered his request for spare parts and requested that he let me know what they were worth to him.

Ron

·
Registered
214 Posts
I have an extra trash can lid. Works great as a shield. Its aluminum too...not that cheap plastic kind. :) Hey! Make me an offer!

·
Registered
393 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just so there's no misunderstanding, I'm not looking for any freebies. Just rather buy from the folks here than off Ebay. Have to pass on the garbage can lid, already using an old storm window as a windshield :)

·
Vroddin' Madman
271 Posts
c4550 - no need to scatter or worry - just bantering.

Let's see I have (like Ebay) a few stock items I could get rid of but doubt anyone wants: kickstand, belt guards, foot pegs, OEM slip-ons, turn signal lenses and bulbs.

c4550 I too a would much rather buy off of here than from strangers on eBay. Hope you find what you are looking for. Would be something if there were some sort of database in here (VRODFORUM) that could list surplus items each member had to offer.

·
Registered
214 Posts
If nobody is interested in the stuff I have shown above by Friday... I will probably toss them up on Ebay and see what happens. Mainly because I'm too lazy to pick them up off my office floor... if I can secure a buyer, I won't need to trip over them anymore and my girlfriend wants her towel back.

L

·
Vroddin' Madman
271 Posts
Leon, will you have your Ozzy's by Bike Week? Would love to see them at the meet and greet! :cool: Mmmm Shiny Objects.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Yes, thats the plan. If all goes well, I'll be installing them next week.

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
First off Ron said it all in a nut shell. We as a V-Rod group aren't out to go screwing anyone out of any money. You have to remember that the 'extra' parts laying in our garages are a result of us paying huge amounts of dollars for after market products to replace perfectly good parts with. It is absloutely ok to want to recover a small portion of that cost back.

BTW I have a pair of stock V-Rod Shocks with 200 miles on them. I replaced them with a set of Progressive 418's. I will sell them to the first person who emails me at [email protected] $100 for the pair... and you pay shipping. Have a nice day... :cool:

·
Registered
139 Posts
Did you notice much difference over stock with the 418's (enough to justify the cost)
Do they get rid of the rough ride over sharp bumps?

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
TIvy said:
Did you notice much difference over stock with the 418's (enough to justify the cost)
Do they get rid of the rough ride over sharp bumps?
Yes noticed a huge difference and in addition to the preload being adjustable, you can also adjust the dampening.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Parts

I also have a complete 03 exhaust, mirrors, pegs, seats (F & R), turn signal lenses, sissy bar & pad if anyone is looking for that stuff. I like the idea of a place where we could post available parts. Would that be a lot of work Max? :helpme:

Steve

1 - 20 of 21 Posts