Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have measured both sides and it seems that I will need one cap with approximately a 1 1/8 hole and on the actual nut side it would need to have a 1" hole as a 1 1/8" hole seems like it would be too big for that side. Anybody have any experience with this that could help me out? I know they use set screws to hold them in place so technically a 1 1/8 would work but I'm trying to get it as snug as possible to keep the set screw from being any longer than necessary.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I got a set off ebay a couple of years ago. You can check there.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Killer. After further research and measuring I am comfortable with 1 1/8 on both sides and found some on ebay.

·
Registered
114 Posts
I got a set of twisted spike caps from Kuryakyn. they came chrome so i sanded/painted them. they were spendy... I think almost $60

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the heads up Cliptic. I found some on ebay from Hammer Custom Cycles. The guy does some great work and his customer service is awesome which is just as important to me as the quality of the work and the price. Oh and so far I've done 2 12 monthers and a 15 monther over in that hell hole.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts