Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for them for the main two purposes of Sturgis and KC. Wouldn't really be using them for any type of city cruising, seeing how when I head to school I'll just throw my backpack on. Now I don't have a Sissy bar or luggage rack, in the process of looking into the mini sissy right now. But I really don't want to drop the 800 bones HD wants. Plus I plan on going with a wider tire at some point and the saddle bag mounts will have to come out. Any idea's or suggestions would be great! Thanks.

·
Ms. Subtle
12,179 Posts
i have cortech sport touring bags.. no hardware.. on and off in about 5 minutes.. holds a good bit of stuff and look pretty good too .. no need for luggage rack nor sissy bar

·
To boost or not??
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Alright thanks alot, Will have to look around for them this weekend. Whats the running price on them right now?

·
Bike is for sale!
5,075 Posts
How about bikerfriend bags for seat, click my link below.

·
Registered
10,065 Posts
Better Bags . . .

I responded earlier to the Bagger thread but neglected to provide photos. I love my Boss Bags. They're made of leather reinforced so as not to sag, go on/off in SECONDS and leave virtually no traces. They mount on a pin and the rear shock mounts. About $800...but uinlike the HD bags, they're worth it.

Photos show the bike with/without the bags mounted.

Attachments

·
Steve
177 Posts
orangebob said:
I responded earlier to the Bagger thread but neglected to provide photos. I love my Boss Bags. They're made of leather reinforced so as not to sag, go on/off in SECONDS and leave virtually no traces. They mount on a pin and the rear shock mounts. About $800...but uinlike the HD bags, they're worth it.

Photos show the bike with/without the bags mounted.
I agree that these are excellent, albeit pricey bags. I had them on my FXDX and loved them. Unfortunately, they don't appear to be making them for the V-Rod anymore.

http://www.bossbags.com/vrod.html

I have the Cortech Sport Tail Bag like Elizabeth (see my avatar) and will probably go with the matching saddlebags on the D. I may try their other Tailbag/Saddlebag combo (which holds more stuff) on the AW.

Steve

·
Registered
661 Posts
firemedic said:
How about bikerfriend bags for seat, click my link below.
I agree, I had one on my Road King, great for long trips and comes on and off easily. great back support feature too.

http://www.bikersfriend.com/

·
fire up !
700 Posts
Demthios said:
I'm looking for them for the main two purposes of Sturgis and KC. Wouldn't really be using them for any type of city cruising, seeing how when I head to school I'll just throw my backpack on. Now I don't have a Sissy bar or luggage rack, in the process of looking into the mini sissy right now. But I really don't want to drop the 800 bones HD wants. Plus I plan on going with a wider tire at some point and the saddle bag mounts will have to come out. Any idea's or suggestions would be great! Thanks.
Cortech ! see http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70405 there's a pic of them mounted on my bike, low cost & easy on-easy off
grtz

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
Just did it. Same bags as Roadhog. Tour Master Cortech Sport Saddlebags @ $116.99, Tour Master Cortech Tail Bag @ $80.99. I purchased through motorcyclegiant.com

1 - 12 of 12 Posts