Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello y'all! I have an 07 VRSCAW, with V&H 2-1 and topless/bottomless with K&N air filter, and my Hellraiser cams should be here hopefully tomorrow or the next day.
Friday is my day off at HD so I'm bringing my bike in to work to do a 40k, and throw in the cams.
Looking for a base PV tune to get close, and Saturday try to get it on the Dyno if our Dyno guy is free, if not, use the base tune until he can get to it.
I would really appreciate it! Heard a lot of good stuff about these cams and am super excited to try em out.
Thank you!

Jimmy

·
-MIG
118 Posts
Hey Jimmy! I'm not able to answer your tune question, but I did want to WELCOME! you from Tucson! How long have you had her? Any photos?? Pretty badass you can bring your bike in to work on her.
-MIG

·
Registered
5,507 Posts
Hello y'all! I have an 07 VRSCAW, with V&H 2-1 and topless/bottomless with K&N air filter, and my Hellraiser cams should be here hopefully tomorrow or the next day.
Friday is my day off at HD so I'm bringing my bike in to work to do a 40k, and throw in the cams.
Looking for a base PV tune to get close, and Saturday try to get it on the Dyno if our Dyno guy is free, if not, use the base tune until he can get to it.
I would really appreciate it! Heard a lot of good stuff about these cams and am super excited to try em out.
Thank you!

Jimmy
Which version of PV are you using for this?
Ron

·
Registered Insane
Two 2003 VRSCA's: CTHULHU is Black/Sterling, N/A ; EVIL TWIN is Anodized and S/C
474 Posts
Hey Jimmy! Wish I could help...my build relies on the ThunderMax Gen II with Autotune. I've gotten pretty familiar with the program. Only real hiccup I've had was parts related:

1. Exhaust was throwing out O2 sensors in the front tube. Changed exhausts. Problem solved. I think the T-Max didna like the sensor mount location. The new exhaust has it mounted a little further down the pipe and on the other facing side. That first exhaust worked just fine until I did my build and then it just didna match it.

2. Intake Air Temperature Sensor was backing out of the filter cover (topless, bottomless) where I had the grommet mounted. Had to carefully cut away at the wiring harness shroud to free up enough length of the sensor wires so they would make it to the new location. Then I JB Welded the sensor in place. <(Shoot me if you want to for using JB Weld but it's NOT backing out now and I have a spare cover if the sensor takes a sh!t, which I've not seen anyone complain about)>

·
Registered
39 Posts
I have one that was sent to me for my 05 with hell raisers and akra pipe. Runs really rich but runs well atleast until I get the auto tune. If you want it. Let me know a good email.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey Jimmy! I'm not able to answer your tune question, but I did want to WELCOME! you from Tucson! How long have you had her? Any photos?? Pretty badass you can bring your bike in to work on her.
-MIG
Thank you! I'm actually from Rochester, WA!
I got my bike stock from work, have done some work on her. Planning on getting a new vented airbox to relocate my speedo so I can change bars as well, then my painter partner do a custom job!
I was able to score my V&H pipe for $170 from work, was a customer take off.
Really, really loving my V-Rod
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Vehicle Plant

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which version of PV are you using for this?
Ron
I bought a license at work, and just had a base map flashed on my ECU and dialed in on the dyno. But now since I'm getting cams in and went bottomless, gotta do 'er again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts