Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have had authorisation to have my bike repaired but they want the bike painted rather than new tins.

This is what the bike looked like before the accident:

The insurance will cover the cost of paint for airbox cover, front fender, RHS Radiator cowl, RHS triangular bit. That only leaves LHS triangular bit, LHS Radiator cowl and rear fender.

Spoke to 8 ball paint in the UK who are really good. They said that a dark colour with a pair of thick stripes down the centre looks good as on a NRS. I want to change the colour from cherry red. I think I want the Willie G skull with Harley Davison Motorcycles painted on the tank.

Any ideas what I could go for? I quite like the Sportster 2007 Luxury Blue with maybe silver stripes and silver Willie G Logo.

What do you think? I don't want to go too wild as I have to make up the difference in the cost of the paint.

Thanks.

·
MODOHOLIC ANONYMOUS
7,448 Posts
I've always thought the color of your bike would look good with a set of silver or white stripes. Good luck

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Mac - where are you??????

I definately want to do this... I'm afraid I pinched the idea off a forum member. Imitation is the best form of flattery.

I don't want to have black, but what about Candy Apple Red and these stripes, with the stripes on the front and rear fender.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
I would go with the blue as the main background with silver blue real flames sweeping back towards the rear.
Stripes are a little too factory, a touch custom would be nice.
Yyea, I do like blue!

·
Registered
291 Posts
How about the blue back ground and flames that usaanigel suggests but have the flames surrounding the Wille G skull.

·
Premium Member
1,053 Posts
That orange is a cool colour! A darker version of the orange might work better than the black because it could give high lites in different lighting and give a second reason to look at the bike. Time to take some pictures and colour them in. It will give you an idea of how it would look.

·
New but Old!
354 Posts

I definately want to do this... I'm afraid I pinched the idea off a forum member. Imitation is the best form of flattery.

I don't want to have black, but what about Candy Apple Red and these stripes, with the stripes on the front and rear fender.
Do not worry, that skull was pinched from someone else....:angeldev:

·
Banned
76 Posts
Hey, thanks for the flattery. I painted that one last year and it really turned out awesome, especially with the custom made Wicked airbox by Franklin. Colors are vivid black, HOK Orion Silver, and competition orange.

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
Paint is a very individual thing,very difficult to advise.but I wouldn't use 8 ball, had mine painted by them did a good job but very expensive reckon I could have got the same quality for a lot less from somewhere else,also difficult to put your ideas across unless they are just copying something as they are up in the midlands and it all has to be done over the phone.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts

have you thought about Flat dark red? I have seen it 1 time and it was Brilliant and original.

·
Registered
14 Posts
paint

Why dont you give DG Designs a call in bradford 01274 832530
they are only over the hill from you & they do work for manchester
harley

·
Registered
317 Posts
Why dont you give DG Designs a call in bradford 01274 832530
they are only over the hill from you & they do work for manchester
harley
Hi Amiral.

Trust Darren has called you today?

Re work on Brqadford area, got a paintshop in Brighouse as well so can cover north of England if anyone needs custom work or any repairs, paint etc. Also have an MOT bays at both sites now, with another going in at Ringwood. Hoping to have another 4 across the country in next 12-18 months.

Mac

1 - 15 of 15 Posts