Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As title says I am looking for a Muscle rear rim and a Muscle tail light. Really need to be from Europe as import duties and shipping kill US deals. Tail lamp needs to be EU model for the "E" marks. Quite happy to take a non working light as long as the lens is not damaged. Here's hoping!!!??

·
VRSCF
1,290 Posts
Never seen a used tail light for sale....the F model is particularly rare in the UK , I think about 300 odd bikes total sold. So best price is from Jersey Harley, at least you save some tax. You may get lucky on German ebay as V-Rod modding is popular there.

The voltage regulator failed on my F a few years back, blew my lithium battery and some of the rear tail LEDs ....that was an expensive failure ...turned a £150 new regulator fix into £600 :(

·
Registered
2,014 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Never seen a used tail light for sale....the F model is particularly rare in the UK , I think about 300 odd bikes total sold. So best price is from Jersey Harley, at least you save some tax. You may get lucky on German ebay as V-Rod modding is popular there.

The voltage regulator failed on my F a few years back, blew my lithium battery and some of the rear tail LEDs ....that was an expensive failure ...turned a £150 new regulator fix into £600 :(
Ouch!! You would think there would be some sort of failsafe to protect that from happening.
Actually managed to find a tail light. Missed one on Ebay in Germany. Was 300€ and as I was thinking about it (a matter of a couple of minutes) it sold in front of my eyes! Had to pay 300€ for the one I got but at least it was complete in a fender!
The wheel is frustrating as I have come across quite a few cheap in US but like I said shipping and taxes destroy the deal. I'll keep looking, one will come up one day!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts