Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I currently have drilled stock 04B mufflers on the bike.
I am interested in getting louder pipes, but do not want to get into a power commander or remapping fuel codes- I want to leave all that electronic stuff alone!
I had the original pipes shipped to me from the states, and UPS nailed me an arm and a leg for shipping and brokerage fees! US postal isn't much better.
Do any of my fellow Canadians have a louder muffler than the drilled stock that I have, that you would like to sell?
They do not have to be in mint condition, I don't mind the used look!!!!

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
I currently have drilled stock 04B mufflers on the bike.
I am interested in getting louder pipes, but do not want to get into a power commander or remapping fuel codes- I want to leave all that electronic stuff alone!
I had the original pipes shipped to me from the states, and UPS nailed me an arm and a leg for shipping and brokerage fees! US postal isn't much better.
Do any of my fellow Canadians have a louder muffler than the drilled stock that I have, that you would like to sell?
They do not have to be in mint condition, I don't mind the used look!!!!
I had a set of fat shots that I sold already. I would recommend hunting down a set of those. With the closed end cap, and 8 discs, you can run those on a stock bike without any mapping as stated by Supertrapp. If you want more info about the setup or have any questions, the supertrapp forum is a good place.

http://forums.supertrapp.com/

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Great forum, lots of good info
thank you Bumbo

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
I might be selling my SupertrappV5 pipe once I get my self moved into our new place. the trick to USPS is that it has to be shipped to you as a GIFT if they dont tick that box off you pay taxes and rape fees for used junk or sometimes free/traded stuff you pay tax on so Key is GIFT and USPS.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Actually Aussie & Canada are alike it so many ways,both seem to find a million ways to tax you. Just ask Paul Hogan..lol

·
Registered
41 Posts
Your other option is to ship to a postal box in Niagara Falls, NY. I can't remember the name of the place, but I know there's one there that tons of people use.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
I mailed something directly to Patm a couple of years ago. I don't remember there being any drama involved. It wasn't very big, a slightly scratched X flyscreen, but if I remember correctly I just stuck it in a box and sent it off.

On topic, I recommend remapping the bike no matter what exhaust you go with.

·
AIM Bagger Edition
7,798 Posts
I mailed something directly to Patm a couple of years ago. I don't remember there being any drama involved. It wasn't very big, a slightly scratched X flyscreen, but if I remember correctly I just stuck it in a box and sent it off.

On topic, I recommend remapping the bike no matter what exhaust you go with.
No drama at all and that windsreen is still working just fine on my tubo B model.

Most people / places figure it's a big deal to send stuff here and it's not.

The Post Office is the easiest way and is not really much different as far as paperwork when mailng within the US.

Also note that the Post Office does not charge brokerage fees although, I now see on some packages that I receive Canada Post is charging a $ 5.00 handling fee. What does the postage not cover that they have to ad $ 5.00? No explanation from the Mailman, go figure.

Kind of like charging you for luggage when flying.

The Courier companies charge Canadians 37% for buying in the US, yes.....37% payable at the door.

·
Banned
837 Posts
Maybe I'm just not reading this correctly but...
VanislVrod is in BC and MyKid is in ON.
Both are in Canada so why not ship it CanPost or Purolator? They can only charge for shipping!
I ship tons of stuff every week throughout Canada and USA via Purolator and haven't had a problem in years.

·
Registered
1,489 Posts
If there shipping me goods from the US then USPS is all ive ever requested to use, DHL or anything else charges Dutie/levies/taxes/higher rates. Purolator I use daily for my local shipping within Canada there one day 9am deliveries rock. I did not realize that CANADAPOST operated in the USA? I get taxed enough I perfer not to pay if I dont have to.

If I dont care if they get hammered with fees then I would ship Purolator or DHL. But why be an ass if you dont have to?

·
Banned
837 Posts
Sorry bud, wasn't trying to be smart; I just thought US wasn't in the equation since the object would go from Nanaimo to Barrie.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts