Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

whos got the best replacement sounding mufflers?

• 2 to 1

Votes: 16 66.7%
  • slip on

Votes: 8 33.3%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 07 and i can not stand not having some more volume form my pipes anymore. got called a sewing machine by one of my riding buddies the other day! have been looking at the new Kerker slip on mufflers from supertrapp.
anybody out there try them or have other brands in mind that have a good deep tone from them?
plus that type or whos brand of tuners are working the best on the bike?

·
Dark Knight
1,505 Posts
Before you spend money, try V-Modding your pipes first. (Remove the baffles) You'll need an EFI tuner regardless of what you do, but you can save some money on the pipes to start with.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
Dark_HD_07 said:
Before you spend money, try V-Modding your pipes first. (Remove the baffles) You'll need an EFI tuner regardless of what you do, but you can save some money on the pipes to start with.
:them:
This is good advice.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
hey dark hd 07 any suggestions as to how to drill them out? right now they are rattling because the baffles are loose inside and i'm waiting for the dealer to supposedly fix them. and to Panman's question of why i want loader pipes. i always envisioned my Harley to have that rumble that they have and the only this that i dislike about my bike is that i can't hear it at all.
oh and thanks for the info so far.

·
REGUL8
891 Posts
Pipes

CFR is just a slip on but a very good performing slip on. I did not like the placement of the outlet, right below my right ear... I certainly did not like the 5th gear 5000rpm sound either. I give it a 8 out of 10

Reinhart 2 in to 2 great sounding pipe but lags a little on the low end. Very light and very attractive.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you have a DX and want to remove the baffles you will have to follow different directions then the one that msharris left earlier in this thread. You need to remove the black tips and the silver cans off the bike. You need 2 hole saws one for each end. I used 1 7/8's on one side and 2 5/8's on the other. You drill out the welds and the baffles will just fall out of the cans. It is an easy mod if you have the tools.

Good Luck!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts