Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
V-Dan
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all--

I'm interested in finding an 05 SE for a decent price. Anyone have one for sale or know of one? I'd like to stay away from dealers because as an Illinois resident if I buy from a private party I pay only $25 in sales tax instead of 6-1/4% on the selling price if I buy from a dealer.

What should I expect to pay for one? I'm looking for pretty much a stock bike.

I'm already watching eBay, Cycletrader and HDtrader.

Thanks!

Dan

·
O5' CVO - $12,000
707 Posts
Hi Dan,

I know where there is a brand new blue 05'CVO for sale. Yeah, it is at a dealer and they want $21.995. I would guess that they are flexible when it comes time to write the check though. Maybe you could offer a price that makes it worth it and you get the two year new bike warrantee.

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
PM me, I might be persuaded to let mine go.

·
Registered
27 Posts
'05 Vrscse

Bought mine on Ebay last fall for $17,200 from a dealer(2075 miles) in the midwest. It was as near perfect as you can get. EBAY may be a litle risky but you can at least get the price these bikes are selling for. I am guessing around 17-19 depending on mileage. Be a little wary on private sales. Cost $600 to ship it to FL.

·
V-Dan
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks all, I have made a deal. :dance: I'm flying to Michigan next week to pick it up and ride it home.

Dan

·
Premium Member
2,724 Posts
Welcome to the club

·
I'd rather be riding
218 Posts
Mine came from Ebay. Drove 1100 miles round trip to pick it up in a chevy express van from Enterprise. Fuel & van ran about $300 so it was a little cheaper than having it shipped. Nobody would have treated it with the TLC that I did moving it anyway. I don't buy anything new & this bike was no exception. I'll always let someone else get the "wow factor" of owning it first & then I'll take over when the huge depreciation hit is over. My bike was about 14 months old when I bought it with 800 miles so it was hardly even ridden.

·
Registered
18 Posts
4stroker said:
Mine came from Ebay. Drove 1100 miles round trip to pick it up in a chevy express van from Enterprise. Fuel & van ran about $300 so it was a little cheaper than having it shipped. Nobody would have treated it with the TLC that I did moving it anyway. I don't buy anything new & this bike was no exception. I'll always let someone else get the "wow factor" of owning it first & then I'll take over when the huge depreciation hit is over. My bike was about 14 months old when I bought it with 800 miles so it was hardly even ridden.
:broke: Dude, you are my hero!! Great minds think alike. :broke:

·
Registered
385 Posts
I bought mine about a year ago on eBay for 18K with and extended warrantee and the race tuner and pipes with 1400 miles Hope that helps.

·
Old Guys Rule
1,279 Posts
I bought my '05 SE 3 months ago in California for $16k with 103 miles on it. There are deals out there if you look for them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts