Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,247 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking For A Second Toy, For Me To Ride Any Suggestions And Pics Would Help.im Keeping My V-rod A Model

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
There's a few bikes for sale in the Classified section.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Are you looking for another V? Go for a Buell 1125R, I know there are few people on here with the thought of that thing lingering in peoples' heads.:ride:

·
Premium Member
2,721 Posts
MV Augusta Brutale

·
Subluxation Free
172 Posts
Depends upon the type of riding you want to do.
Your "A" is a pure cruiser so you may want to go more sporty, like and "R" the new Buell. If you are looking for long distance riding you may want to go more like a touring bike like a Road King.
I have an FLHRCI and use it for long distance riding with the windshield in place, but I can also remove it for a more cruising type riding. But that's also because I have a Street Rod which is not exactly a typical cruiser.
All depends on what type of riding you want to do.

·
Ted
1,631 Posts
bdvrod said:
Looking For A Second Toy, For Me To Ride Any Suggestions And Pics Would Help.im Keeping My V-rod A Model
I'm in the same boat. I want something that will haul all my crap and will be very comfortable on those long trips. I am also looking for passenger comfort. I thought I had it nailed down with a BMW LT but after talking to a few that own these, most have said it sits to high and is heavy. Now I'm back to looking at Ultras. Goldwings are just to ugly and I don't know much about any other touring bikes.

I agree with the rest, to get suggestions you need to be more specific on what kind of riding you want to do. Good Luck.

Your V looks great!!!

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I've been looking for a classic motorcycle. Pretty much looking for something like a 1976ish Honda 750. These bikes are really going up in price.

Let us know what you get and post some pics.

·
Guitar, not Gator
8,049 Posts
$20k... dang, that's 3 Street Rods.

Personally, if I had that kind of money to "play" with I would build a bagger like DPierce02 - check his gallery!

·
Sua Sponte
1,560 Posts
I just bought an 07 Buell XB12R Firebolt and I love it. Its my daily driver so my Night Rod can keep his style for years to come. I really like the Buell. It is a good daily driver.

·
Lets Ride...
475 Posts
How about a Bagger, pull the 96" engine and put in a JIMS 120", 120 rwhp. That's my ultimate plan for a second bike.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I thought the JIms 120" was 120 hp and the Crank? A guy at my local stealer has one in his bagger, he had some problems with but thinks there worked out now. He sent it to jims to have it looked at and they dynoed it at 120 hp. I assumed it wasnt in a bike when they did this, because he just sent the engine.

Just looking at there web site, now they have a 131".......130 hp and 135 ft-lbs of torque.

Tony

Toys 'R Me said:
How about a Bagger, pull the 96" engine and put in a JIMS 120", 120 rwhp. That's my ultimate plan for a second bike.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hard question to answer without knowing more...

What kind of riding do you like to do? If you're prone to scraping your pipes and foot pegs even when "taking it easy" then you probably don't want a Softail, as nice as they look, and might be very happy with a Dyna - the Super Glide Sport is an especially nice compromise between comfort and performance (some would say it offers the best of each, and I wouldn't argue - I love my FXDX!). If, on the other hand, you want a 2nd bike for touring then you can't go wrong with a Road King. Some would say that's the finest touring bike ever made, and they actually handle rather nicely too - I've chased a few through the twisties and they gave surprisingly good account of themselves.

·
Frank
4,317 Posts
If you want to stay in the V-Rod family, give me your ideas and I will build you something. I would welcome the chance to do a custom for someone other than myself as well as use their checkbook.

I am serious by the way. I also own and built the winners in both the Unlimited and VRSCD classes of the 1130CC Virtual Bike show.... BAD V-R(I) and SLAM'D-V.

·
Tao Rider
75 Posts
Get into a good sportbike. I own a CBR1000RR and a FJR1300. Different riding experience. Can't beat sportbikes for loads of fun and enjoyment.

·
Registered
494 Posts
BAD V-R said:
If you want to stay in the V-Rod family, give me your ideas and I will build you something. I would welcome the chance to do a custom for someone other than myself as well as use their checkbook.

I am serious by the way. I also own and built the winners in both the Unlimited and VRSCD classes of the 1130CC Virtual Bike show.... BAD V-R(I) and SLAM'D-V.
Go for this deal! The man knows how to build a bike!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts