Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It can be ugly, prefer not too many or too deep dents. What I'm looking for is an inexpensive piece of aluminum that will be covered in naugahide by an upholsterer I use frequently. The cover will have embroidered Harley Davidson logos sewn on the side to mimick the stock Street Rod graphics and there will be velcro sewn into the top so I can attach a Marsee expandable tank bag to the bike without straps. The original air box cover can be taken off and kept nice for those times when style is more important than function. Are there any used and ugly air box covers out there for sale?

·
Registered
519 Posts
I have one! Brand new, no dents, a few scratches. I threw it across my garage when I came home one day and saw my wife had put it on top of my brand new custom JE airbox - testosterone kicked in and the old (brand new) airbox became airborne. Luckily my JE box had no scratches. I work in Santa Ana so I am close by. It is free like all my other parts - just taking up space in my garage. Just make a donation to this site or help another member in a similar way...

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hey RODent, pardon my butting in, I have no spare airbox to offer, but I've enjoyed several of your posts; especially about some of the charity rides you've organized, so I got to say it again:

Dude, you give bikers a good name.

·
Freedom
614 Posts
RODent said:
...Luckily my JE box had no scratches. I work in Santa Ana so I am close by. It is free like all my other parts - just taking up space in my garage. Just make a donation to this site or help another member in a similar way...
Mark, I'll take the JE airbox then :angeldev:

·
Registered
519 Posts
fly said:
Mark, I'll take the JE airbox then :angeldev:
Ha - why not just take the whole bike then.

·
Registered
519 Posts
DallasV Rod said:
RoDent - do you have a rear fender you would like go give away?
Almost! I am currently laying 2 new fenter prototypes for my bike. The damn electronics are ruining all my ideas as I have absolutely no space left uner the airbox so whatever I create needs to house the electronics too. As soon as I get something done you can have the old one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts