Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone out there know of a company selling a passenger backrest for the Muscle that can be easily removed and doesnt need holes drilled into the fender with full view when removed??? We so need one!!!!

·
Registered
86 Posts
I have a 2011 muscle and know exactly what you mean,absolutely no available parts for the muscle.I actually built a backrest and have it removeable.I purchased a factory backrest mounting kit and used it as my guide and wqs able to use the gasket and bolt hole pattern.I can remove it with 3 bolts in about 1 min .and then install a plate that I made for a clean stock look.I think you would really like the design.
i can take a couple pics on my cellphone and send them if you can recieve picture texts.I am doing a total custom paint job so do not have them installed yet.I will send you pics of the parts off the bike if interested in seeing.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I made a removeable backrest for my 2011 muscle.

also i forgot to say... and not cost $1000 bucks.
I have a 2011 muscle and know exactly what you mean,absolutely no available parts for the muscle.I actually built a backrest and have it removeable.I purchased a factory backrest mounting kit and used it as my guide and wqs able to use the gasket and bolt hole pattern.I can remove it with 3 bolts in about 1 min .and then install a plate that I made for a clean stock look.I think you would really like the design.
i can take a couple pics on my cellphone and send them if you can recieve picture texts.I am doing a total custom paint job so do not have them installed yet.I will send you pics of the parts off the bike if interested in seeing

·
Registered
291 Posts
Would love to see some pics of it ... but really looking for an option that requires no drilling of the rear fender...

·
Registered
658 Posts
I don't have the equipment or ability but I did pay for a second set of brackets to be made so that if they were interested Hanny or Bicep may be willing to duplicate them
To make the hoop to go over the fender should be the easy part

·
Registered
86 Posts
v-rod muscle removeable backrest

I have a video on youtube{ 2011 v-rod muscle with removeable backrest/sissyba)r. it is hot denim white with gray stripe.I do not have the new fender with the backrest installed on the bike yet but you can see my design. info.email me at [email protected]

1 - 11 of 11 Posts