Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Departed the Fix.
5,153 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings all--

I don't know exactly what this is called, but I've seen them on other Harley's. They're a sun shade that stretches from the handlebars to the tail, and keep the sun off the seat, bike, etc. They fold up small and are handy to keep from frying your nuts after the bike's been in the sun for a while.

Does anybody know where I can find something like this? I think they're made of spandex, but that's a guess.

Thanks!

R.

·
Registered
509 Posts
I have a kwikcover so far happy with it. Need to get it mounted underneath the seat, but waiting for a touring pillion and back rest to get here so I can do it all at once. They mount easy and while they wont keep a real downpour off, will keep the sun, dust and prying hands off the bike. Made more for the Japanese sport bikes but the cover the VROD pretty well. Picture attached.

Attachments

·
Locktite Queen
2,037 Posts
I went with the second option listed on my first post as it is advertised as being waterproof. I need rain protection for my seat cover...its alcantara suede.

·
Locktite Queen
2,037 Posts

·
GodFokker
49 Posts
Hang on guys. I just saw one for HD's. Small company down south. Give me a bit to find it. It was more pricey, circa $99.

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
I bought one through this forum, years ago. It say's "1130cc.com" on it, and is made by qwikshade.com. Mine is not waterproof, but keeps the seat cool, and keeps a lot of dust off from the bike.

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts
I went with the second option listed on my first post as it is advertised as being waterproof. I need rain protection for my seat cover...its alcantara suede.
What do you do if caught in a storm? I love your seat, but what happens if it gets wet? ruined? stays wet? Will the suede fall apart? I plan on hitting a few storms on the way to MWT, and then Kurt brings the rain with his Stormtracker2000, but only every year! I have to treat my Corbin with saddle soap and wax. Joe

1 - 12 of 12 Posts