Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been looking for a curved, side mount license plate bracket for my nightrod special, preferably one without a brake light. The only one i have found is one from Kreater customs...which i was quoted at $680.00, yeah i did not mis-type, $680.00!!!
Any help would greatly be appreciated, pics, links, etc. would also be great. I have seen a few "universal" type ones on ebay, but would like to pick the knowledge base of the forum first. :notworth:
Thanks in advance,
Jamison

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
Kuryakyn makes a nice curved side mount that only needs a slight mod to work on our bikes. Its the one made for dynas It has built in LED lights. Comes with a bracket for a dyna that mounts to the frame that you wont need. Frame itself just needs to be drilled out slightly to fit the V shock bolt (7/8" drill bit same as you use to line up the front wheel). This is the best lookin sidemount that is reasonably priced. Goes for about $120 on ebay

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
....oh one more "must" it has got to be black, i have gone to many great lengths like a lot of members to make my NightRod as painfully as black as i can. i know i know... its like a disease. But Brothawolf thanks for the heads up, i really appreciaye it. thats a really nice piece, does it come in black by chance?

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts

I have this one, but it's WAAAAY too expensive. I didn't pay the retail cost because I had a deal with the shop. It's a great plate holder though and the LEDs are great

·
Brick in the wall
1,125 Posts
....oh one more "must" it has got to be black, i have gone to many great lengths like a lot of members to make my NightRod as painfully as black as i can. i know i know... its like a disease. But Brothawolf thanks for the heads up, i really appreciaye it. thats a really nice piece, does it come in black by chance?
I dont think it does but you can strip the chrome and powdercoat it but now youre adding to the cost

·
_NoHighLikeMostHigh_
2,130 Posts

I have this one, but it's WAAAAY too expensive. I didn't pay the retail cost because I had a deal with the shop. It's a great plate holder though and the LEDs are great
I like that bracket - the way it moves the plate behind the belt and close to the rear tire.

Where did you get that from?

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Kreater Custom Cycles (www.kreater.com)

It is CNC cut out of a giant cube (hah) ... it's one flowing piece with curve matching the lines of the wheel/tire and belt pulley. It's very clean

·
Premium Member
351 Posts
yeah i'm curious what that bad boy runs for. nice looking plate bracket.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I have this one on my 08 DX and it was cheap and looks great.. there are many other better things to spend top dollar on. I get many comments on its looks on the bike. i added a set of black LED plate light bolts. the plate looks great and was simple to install save money but still look great Fits perfect.

WEB CURVED License plate holder bracket tag holder Axle $29.99

[/IMG]

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not bad.

I have this one on my 08 DX and it was cheap and looks great.. there are many other better things to spend top dollar on. I get many comments on its looks on the bike. i added a set of black LED plate light bolts. the plate looks great and was simple to install save money but still look great Fits perfect.

Where did you buy it? Any chance you could post a pciture of this installed with the lights?

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah...im saying! The Kreater one is really the best thing i've seen, but like i said in original post, WOW on the price. I almost fell over

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

[/IMG]
Hey MTNBKR, where did you get your web curved bracket from? This may be an option for me, it looks to be offset, which would bring it closer into the rim, link please if you have it.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
What is wrong with me? i must seriously have some kind of affliction due to this NightRod, i found myself in the shower seriously considering the $680.00 Kreater customs bracket, like seriously wtf! it really looks that good.

·
Registered
72 Posts
WEB CURVED License plate holder bracket tag holder Axle fits the bike really well sits nice and tight to the bike looks like it was made for it i'll have to try to get some pictures of it mounted tommorrow. well worth the $29.99 i'd kill my self if i spend over $50.00 bucks on a plate bracket let alone $600 thats just crazy find this mount and about 15 different styles at

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WEB-CURVED-License-plate-holder-bracket-tag-holder-Axle-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem518fc789e7QQitemZ350304569831QQptZMotorcyclesQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

Check out the store for many different styles great product for the money!!!

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanks, looking forward to seeing a pic of it on yor bike.

·
INCONCEIVABLE!
1,529 Posts
Just curious. What did you do for lighting on that web bracket. Doesn't look like it has any. I know around here you need to have a lit plate.

Cops seem to be lenient about the horizontal plate as long as it is properly lit. No light is an automatic ticket. Not sure if it is like that everywhere though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
I mounted it with my shock bolt not the axle. worked great i used the LED Black plate bolts they work great. her are some pics
[/IMG]

[/IMG

[/IMG]

1 - 20 of 56 Posts