Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I was recently brought to this forum after doing some google searches. I recently stepped into the cruiser world after coming off 20+ rockets. I think I have finally had my fun with them and I am looking to possibly stepping into the HD world. Within the last year, I tried/bought a 2009 Yamaha Raider and a 2008 Yamaha Warrior. Both great machines but something about the VROD has always attracted me. I've only ridden one once before (2013 Night Rod) and I remember loving every second of it.

Anyways, I found VROD on craigslist that I think is a pretty good deal but looking for some clarification. It is a 2009 VROD Muscle? (all black, chrome wheels and exhaust, etc). It is a one owner bike with 16K on the clock. Tires seem to be in good shape and it has never been wrecked. He has agreed to sell it for $5800 which is the cheapest deal I can find for a 1250cc model. I know every bike has their quirks so is there anything in particular I should be looking for when I go check it out? I appreciate any advice.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I’m selling mine. How stock is it? Bike is a great bike. Common faults are cooling fans go out. I’ve had mine replaced but other than that amazing bike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’m selling mine. How stock is it? Bike is a great bike. Common faults are cooling fans go out. I’ve had mine replaced but other than that amazing bike
Only thing that was added was V&H exhaust. Unfortunately the guy flaked on me but it worked out in my favor.

I ended up finding a CHERRY 2004 VRSC with 8k miles. Original owner, new tires, all black with a SuperTrapp V5 exhaust. Scooped it up for $4500!

·
Horsepower Whisperer
724 Posts
Nice. Congratulations.
Why give up on the sport bikes all together? I never will.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice. Congratulations.
Why give up on the sport bikes all together? I never will.
Well, I had four bikes earlier this year 2004 CBR 600RR, 2007 GSXR 1000, 2012 R1 and a 2009 Raider XV1900). I didn’t want to give them up for good but garage space was starting to get limited. I might pick up another crossplane R1 or another ZX14R but only if I can find a smoking deal. I’ve had close to 30 motorcycles so I’ll always have one or four.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts