Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Part number 75122-01

I know that they are discontinued but hoping someone might have some old stock.

If I can not find a new one maybe someone has a suggestion on where to get it rebuilt. The sensor contact strip has worn off on mine.

I would even consider just getting a whole new assembly - part number 75123-01

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The part I need
fuel assembly.gif
is number 20 on the attached diagram

·
EXCELSIOR
8,483 Posts
This is a duplicate post and I replied in the other but will paraphrase here. The things never work well even when new. Just use your Trip Odometer, reset at each fill up, at 120 miles (190 km) stop and refill.

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is what I have been doing :) ....but I would prefer to fix it.

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
UPDATE !!

I found a place that rebuilds the Vrod Fuel Sending Unit by getting rid of the electro plated sensor bar that always fails and replacing same with a more traditional float system. Did a great job for me. Was WAY cheaper than replacing the unit - if you are lucky enough to find a used one (forget about finding a new one).

Pulled my existing fuel sending unit (not that hard to do)...shipped.it to them and a couple weeks later I had it back.....WORKING!!!!

And now I have a working fuel gauge!! 😃

Contact Dan at TriStar:

·
Registered
2006 VRSCD
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for posting those instructions. They are probably quite similar to what TriStar did on my rebuild. Looks a bit different than mine but similar concept I think.

If you got the skills...go for it. For me I was glad I found someone to do it for me...with a warranty!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts