Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now please read before we all stand up and shout LEAN LEAN LEAN !!!

I just purchased these toxic vlux pipes from a forum member. Who upon removing them from his bike noticed a few scratches and had them recoated. A very nice fellow and a kind gesture this thread is no way shape or form an angry pissed off got robbed rant.

I put the pipes on put in the new map and heat cycled like I was told to 3-4 min on at idle let cool for 30 min. Did that 5 times. Then I put on the heat shield and was done had a problem ( still do ) with the brake light but managed to get the running light on and took her to work the next day :D

I woke up today to tackle my brake light and found this. It's really visible in the front. Now there are thin white stripes starting to show in the top of the pipe running down the whole pipe ( Like a skunk ) where heat would be the most at ( heat rises ). I took a rag and some windex ( only thing around ) and cleaned the backside of pipe. Why not when trying new cleaners it always says to try a lil bit in a not so visible spot :D incase it phocks your carpet or etc up lol. As you can see the pipe is still blacker then black underneath....

Now the bike sound good but performs poorly. Feels a lil Rich and I'm guessing its the " Power loss " people were talking about with using a 2-2.

I'm guessing the guy that sold me these got dupped and they sprayed them with inferior products and thats why the pipes are turning white. I dont know what they used or what was supposed to be used. But if a pipe is discoloring because of being lean I shouldnt be able to lightly scrub it back to black...Right?

This ever happen to anyone?

Oh please look at the map. The map feels rich too which is the part thats bugging me the most. Any help or advise will be greatly appreciated.

Ben

Attachments

·
MOVE !!!!!!!!
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well I'm gonna clean her up tomorrow and try and scrub that crap off. The wash rack aint too far away from the house.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I don't know what to say without pissing off you and everyone else that installs these type pipes on a stock Revo engine,other than the fact that I have been working on a few race cars in the past weeks that have pre dynoed 800 and above hp engines that once we get them bolted in and fired up w new coated headers,the coating remains perfect.A set of BB Chevy headers that the engine building company suggests to use require no heat cycling,no bullshit and they cost half the amount as 2 pieces of bent muffler shop pipe costs from vlux !
I'm leaning toward the combination of incompatibility from the sharp bends in the tubing immediately out of the head,the coating on the metal and incorrect engine dynoing on these motorcycle pipes.I say the engine needs a set of dyno pipes,then put the coated set on after the dyno company sets the ecm to match.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts