Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an 08 night rod special and want a little more ground clearance has anyone fitted longer shocks, I think the NRS's have shorter than std Vrods, is that correct?

Did you end up with handling issues??

·
Registered
5 Posts
I was actually wondering this myself. I weigh just over 200lbs and ive scraped twice maybe i shouldnt take such mean leans (still getting used to the cruising) and these rhode island roads dont help much either.

·
Banned
14,891 Posts
NRS has 12.5" shocks, some models have 12". The R has really long shocks but it cocks the swing-arm at a weird angle. I went to 13" 440's. Higher shocks results in "faster" steering, whereas slamming the rear slows it down.

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I think the 08's still had 12.5 on the NRS's, the wide tire AW's got 13's stock though.

FYI, I now have Arnott's and I still drag $hit even with them fully extended. Our bikes are just not made for corning hard....

·
Bladerunner
1,948 Posts
I think the 08's still had 12.5 on the NRS's, the wide tire AW's got 13's stock though.

FYI, I now have Arnott's and I still drag $hit even with them fully extended. Our bikes are just not made for corning hard....
True. No where close to sport bike territory that's for sure. But the Arnotts have definitely kept me from scraping at my usual turns where I've scraped before, solo or 2-up...

·
Premium Member
3,923 Posts
I have 13" progressive heavy duty,but dont think the extra 1/2" makes that much difference.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts