Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my "D" back on the road after many mods. See attached pics. I haven't even had a chance to give the bike a good cleaning...so pls excuse the appearance.

It was a heck of a long journey from conception...product research...procurement...modification...test...more modification (repeat many x) and now to actually riding the bike starting to put it through its paces. I have tons of lessons learned experience...with this project I continue to amaze myself how stupid I can be.

I think there's some pretty cool stuff on this bike:
CF Wheels
CFR Exhaust/Seat
Ohlins Rear Suspension
Storz/Ceriani Front Suspension...

I hope some of you guys agree.

There's still tons of things to do to this bike (isn't there always):
Front headlight...not sure I like the current setup
Engine work...not even sure where to start...
Paint...something simplistic...but cool

I got most of the inspiration and knowledege for this bike from cruising VRF...I don't post too much but I've done tons of reading...there's really a great deal of knowledege and credibility to be found here...you guys are all pretty much great.

Attachments

·
Registered
269 Posts
RideorGolf said:

QUOTE]

To bad you are so far away or I would try and trade you tins since that is the color I want to paint mine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
pirahna said:
RideorGolf said:

QUOTE]

To bad you are so far away or I would try and trade you tins since that is the color I want to paint mine.

I like the color as well...I was thinking of keeping the Cobalt Blue and adding a racing stripe...not sure yet...plus I'm broke from this round of mods.

·
'06 night rod
567 Posts
Looks great!!

·
drag racer
6,699 Posts
sweeeeet, i;m looking into the very same shocks and wheels. i really like the wheels

·
Carbon Yeti
4,598 Posts
Shhhhweeeet!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice looking bike - WOW - :notworth:

I like the paint the way it is - very nice color..... also like the light, ( I must be in a minority here liking the little Head Light fairing.........)

I would like to run that front wheel on my DX - hmmmmm

Great work on you bike.... Thanks for the Pics

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
booty0 said:
Wow! That's badass. No need to paint it. The cool parts are accentuated that way.

What handle bars are those?
The bars are the Flat track bars (Black, internal wiring, 2/12" rise) from Flanders

Thanks...I really appreciate your complements...one of my goals was to use cool parts...w/o lots of flash...I agree the Factory Blue Cobalt is a great color...I'm not thinking of changing the color...just adding something to the scheme...

·
insane vrod posse...
2,018 Posts
thanks

:D word....WOW! One of the best I have seen.......where did you get the Ohlins? Part numba? Link for the forks.....

http://www.storzperf.com/

·
Premium Member
2,410 Posts
Awsome job! Keep up the great work. I love to see tricked out Rods.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
That is one awesome "D". Ties Kerri "NightMare" for best look IMHO. Love the black and blue together. Great job... :notworth:

·
Premium Member
312 Posts
I love the inverted forks. The bike ROCKS!

1 - 20 of 30 Posts