Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning to drive the Muscle from Montreal to Wichita, KS 2nd week of July. 2600 kms, 1600 miles one way.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My plan is to cross over at the 1000 Islands and drive south of the Great Lakes and avoid Detroit and Chicago, on the way back I might, Thanks

·
Retired, Not SLOW!
6,000 Posts
Naah ... unless you've done a bunch of "tweaking" (or are going to be WFO a lot) you should be able to make 170-180 miles between fuel stops.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
It now has 38000 miles on it and the best I get is about 150 miles before the light comes on
When the light comes on how many gallons / liters fill it back up?

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Ok so you have a gallon left. Mine is the same way. You can get another 20-30 miles out of that safely. Putting you at 170 pretty easy.
I don't get anywhere near that mileage in town but on the highway at about 65-70 I get 180 pretty easy. Enjoy the ride. The seat isn't for everyone but its the most comfortable stock seat I have ever had and I can put 600 miles on in a day and not get sore.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I agree with you on that, it scares me to keep driving while the light is on especially in the Mid-West where service station might be a long distance between each other. I drove to British Columbia 5 years ago and at that time I had a Kawa MeanStreak with just about the same autonomy and I drove with the light on for quite a while before I found a gas station

·
Registered
83 Posts
Hi Frenchie,

I went to Milwaukee, pass by a few places your gonna do, 1000 Islands and drive south to the Great Lakes, for sure Chicago are hard highway, lots of traffic, but less very early on weekends... As mention Detroit is to avoid!!! You have pretty good info about the tank on the Muscle I can confirm what you say!

Only suggestion always use US highways when you go and come back, Canadian 401 highway is a hard highway with all those trucks... you will drive 1 more hour, but you will enjoy the ride!

Good luck and enjoy your ride

1 - 15 of 15 Posts