Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking to upgrade my stock pipes to something that I can hear. What are some of the pros and cons of long and short pipes?

Thanks
Rival

·
backcracker
735 Posts
rival said:
I will take a look. Thanks.
Rival, the guys at Wicked Cycles in West Mifflin can do the same mod to the pipes without having to ship them. They have been working on my bike and they are real good to work with. Have fun with the mods!!

Dan :cheers:

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
I got a set of Supertrapps I'll sell ya.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I went with the Samson "Long Slashers" before I read your post. If your still looking to sell the Power Commander let me know.

Rival

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
rival said:
I went with the Samson "Long Slashers" before I read your post. If your still looking to sell the Power Commander let me know.

Rival
Your gonna lose about 10% horsepower.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Rival, we are gonna need to find some good maps for our Samson pipes. They aren't the favorite of the forum either, but like you I'm not that worried about the HP loss, love the looks and the sound. Let me know if you get a good map somewhere. I am gonna have to dyno mine so I will let you know what my map looks like.

·
20 Eyes in my Head
5,557 Posts
Supertrapps for sale???

Vinny,

Are you selling your ST's? How much do you want for them??? Any pics of them you can email me? [email protected]

Thanks!
Gary

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Dan,

Do you have Samson Long Slashers too? I know Cerini HD will dyno your bike. I am just getting the flash chip and a fuel filler(i think), the rest is to much $$$ right now.

Rival

·
spit happens
5,534 Posts
DungeonWorks said:
Vinny,

Are you selling your ST's? How much do you want for them??? Any pics of them you can email me? [email protected]

Thanks!
Gary
I have them listed in the forums classifieds.The pics aren't the greatest chrome is hard to take pics of.

·
backcracker
735 Posts
Rival, I have the Rip Saws. Cerini is the place I will take it if need be. Their dyno is down right now so the bikes have been lining up. Hopefully it will not be that bad.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Cerini told me it would take 6-7 hours to dyno the bike at $60.00 dollars and hour. To much $$$ for me. Let me know how it turns out.

Rival

·
backcracker
735 Posts
They told me $350 no matter how long it takes. They said it might take a couple days to make a custom map. Maybe I will sell the pipes. No clue what to do right now.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Dan said:
They told me $350 no matter how long it takes. They said it might take a couple days to make a custom map. Maybe I will sell the pipes. No clue what to do right now.
buy some TT and a RT and Hold On! :sinister: :kaz:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts