Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
That things a torque monster... They ran it at the Isle of Man TT race... It set a record for it's class...

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
That's the best price I've seen so far for an electric bike and it's also the best looking street e-bike I know of.
Make no mistake, this is the future.

·
INFANTRYMAN
715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's the best price I've seen so far for an electric bike and it's also the best looking street e-bike I know of.
Future maybe, but way after I am dead.

This right now is a nitch bike, it will be 50 years before Electric bikes even come close to competing with anything else. And by the time they get the batt. to last longer, a new tech. will be out that makes using batt. obsolete.

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
What class was that? The Duracell or Energizer class?
It ran in the same class as the gas bikes, but it was awarded a track record for a bike in its class (electric), they run all kinds of bikes in that race... You can't beat an electric motor for torque, it's immediate and it never stops, it just keeps pulling and pulling...

·
LIFETIME MEMBER
1,373 Posts
I believe it will have its market as soon as they can get batteries to last longer between charges... It is the future or atleast part of it... I'd love to have one, there isn't anything out there that has the torque that these motors have, they flat out smoke...

·
Chad
263 Posts
I don't think we'll be seein alot of them out on the roads with 1 hour of charge time per 10 miles of travel. Not a bad looking bike, I was expecting something hideous, and the price isn't crazy either.

·
Sparky
205 Posts
I test drove an e-bike at Daytona Bike week last year. The most notable difference I noticed was that there was no engine braking on deceleration - it just coasted - which resulted in going into corners much faster than anticipated. Slow and tight manuvering was also more challenging as braking was needed more often which tended to throw your balance off. It'd just be something to get used to.

·
Premium Member
353 Posts
50 years, no way, 10 years or less they will be much more common.

·
TRANNY KILLER :)
14,572 Posts

·
Pat (Patrick!)
11,222 Posts
You will have to put Baseball cards in the spokes, to get that "old school" sound.

·
Premium Member
9,332 Posts
Absolutely!!! People don't understand just how much torque these motors put out... It's immediate and it just keeps pulling through out the rpms...
If you ever wondered why San Francisco hangs on to those funky electric trolley busses that run off two wires suspended above the street? Or why they keep their electric street cars (not the cable cars, but old PCCC cars the city has collected over the years as other cities took their streetcars out of service)? That is the reason. Diesel busses struggle on the steeper streets while the electic busses and street cars just launch.

·
Autobanmod
9,896 Posts
A physician once said to me that electric energy is too valuable for heating purposes, he meant that it's so pure that it should only be used for precious things.
I'm sure he would appreciate this kind of use.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
I test drove an e-bike at Daytona Bike week last year. The most notable difference I noticed was that there was no engine braking on deceleration - it just coasted - which resulted in going into corners much faster than anticipated. Slow and tight manuvering was also more challenging as braking was needed more often which tended to throw your balance off. It'd just be something to get used to.
Regenerative braking would solve the coasting problem.
I don't know what E-Bikes are nowadays,but a new car dealer I worked for sold them.Their biggest customer was the police dept.Everyone that owned one loved them.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts