Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was at the East Village Bike Night Friday Night in Des Moines, Iowa. When I was getting ready to leave, I approached an Orange CVO that I thought was mine, so clicked the alarm button, but nothing happened, thought I just forgot to arm it. Reached over and just turned on the ignition...weird, since I thought I locked it...then looked at the license plate, and it wastn't mine!!! Looked over about 5 bikes and there was mine. Never saw the owner of the other bike, but anyone could have just driven it off. Just a word of advice, even at bike nites probably a good idea to lock your bike.

Bob

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
Keys are so 1990's. Go keyless and you won't have that problem either!!

·
On Good Ol' Nbr7
7,267 Posts
rjrivero said:
Keys are so 1990's. Go keyless and you won't have that problem either!!
:them:

No dropped keys in the exhaust, no burned fingers, no worries about someone stealing it (if they look for the key module, it's gone.)

HoldHard

·
Friend of Max.
21,719 Posts
groovy V-Rod said:
Key or NO key, you still should "Arm" the alarm so someone does'nt sail off with your boat...:D
Use a Digital Guard Dawg Relay, and they can't. It cuts power and won't allow power until your 'dawg tag' is in proximity.

Do a search on 'keyless mod' and you'll end up with more reading than you care to see.

RJ

·
Registered
555 Posts
Maybe I am missing something> I thought all SEs came with the keyless option. Mine was installed when I bought it . Never used the key. I hope the key works.

·
What -- Me worry?
471 Posts
screamin joe said:
Maybe I am missing something> I thought all SEs came with the keyless option. Mine was installed when I bought it . Never used the key. I hope the key works.

Keyless option? Wasn't aware of that one...

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
spepin said:
Keyless option? Wasn't aware of that one...

The HD alarm with auto arm/disarm.

·
Proud R Pilot
372 Posts
spepin said:
That's an alarm. We're talking about keyless ignition...
I know what you're talking about, they preform the same function. When the alarm is on, ignition disabled, just leave the swith unlocked and you don't have any reason to screw with your wiring, just plug and play!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts