Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Janitor of Anarchy
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, enough is enough! I have two dealers in my area, both of which have the same owner. I just bought a 1993 sportster and it needs some TLC, brake pads, air cleaner, etc.

First stealer and the closest at 6 miles: reminded me of Best Buy, lots of employees doing nothing, nearly impossible to get any attention. No brakepads in stock -- oh well -- then I noticed they have ZERO VRODS on the floor. Not one.

Second stealer, about 17mies: Huge showroom, lots and lots of bikes except VRODS. Yep, no VRODS, not even ONE. No VROD literature. Had a ton of CVO bikes, sportsters, and tourers. Walked out with my pads at $35.

Will never go to either again.

Shameless plug for the dealer at 40miles away from me, where I bought my VROD: Shoch Harley Davidson. Shoulda gone there first!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
322 Posts
SO, you won't shop there because there aren't any V-Rods ON THE FLOOR?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
i guess i better stop shopping at gamestop, they never have any nintendo wii's in stock

calling a boycott on a dealer because they dont have any vrods on the floor is the stupidest thing ever. now if you had asked about why there isnt any and they replied back we dont sell them here. then you would have a valid complaint.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
the Vrods were probably flying off the floor! That's why you did'nt see em! HA HA!!! The Santa Maria dealer here said they cant sell them so they dont stock em... BUT, They are very helpful with any parts I'd like to order or to have a B.S. session about the only Vrod on the lot (mine) surrounded by geezerglides! Our Atascadero dealer does stock Vrods as well as nightrods and are very helpful with anything I need. Oh and they are 50 miles closer than Santa Maria. I'd like to boycott the Atascadero parts dept sometimes but that's because of one person getting an attitude! Just before I leave he apoligises every time so....
 

·
Never Late
Joined
·
520 Posts
reichard said:
OK, enough is enough! I have two dealers in my area, both of which have the same owner. I just bought a 1993 sportster and it needs some TLC, brake pads, air cleaner, etc.

First stealer and the closest at 6 miles: reminded me of Best Buy, lots of employees doing nothing, nearly impossible to get any attention. No brakepads in stock -- oh well -- then I noticed they have ZERO VRODS on the floor. Not one.

Second stealer, about 17mies: Huge showroom, lots and lots of bikes except VRODS. Yep, no VRODS, not even ONE. No VROD literature. Had a ton of CVO bikes, sportsters, and tourers. Walked out with my pads at $35.

Will never go to either again.

Shameless plug for the dealer at 40miles away from me, where I bought my VROD: Shoch Harley Davidson. Shoulda gone there first!

this is what it sounded like....:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

sorry for being so up front, but that makes no sense to me....nor anyone here.
 

·
I'll Take Two Please
Joined
·
396 Posts
My local dealer no longer has VRODs on the floor. They sold them all to the Annapolis, MD dealer. I went in to purchase oil and filter for my scheduled oil change and had to order the oil filter. Talk about not supporting a product. They did have spark plugs in stock, but the guy at the counter said to check the number on the plug when I take them out because the box he sold me was some of the original plugs they ordered when the VROD first came out. I'm surprised he found them with all the dust on the box.
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
We are almost never asked for V-Rod plugs or oil filters. I know where they are but just like the coolant there isn't much out on the floor. I was surprised to see that we had the cap for the overflow in stock the other day.
IMO these types of threads are getting as old as the threads about helmet laws or "loud" pipes.
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
keebie said:
i guess i better stop shopping at gamestop, they never have any nintendo wii's in stock

calling a boycott on a dealer because they dont have any vrods on the floor is the stupidest thing ever. now if you had asked about why there isnt any and they replied back we dont sell them here. then you would have a valid complaint.
:notworth:
 

·
1130cc Ninja
Joined
·
3,972 Posts
myneed4speed said:
IMO these types of threads are getting as old as the threads about helmet laws or "loud" pipes.
well, not sure if you've noticed by loud pipes do save lives :D
 

·
LOS ANGELES
Joined
·
1,757 Posts
I have 4 dealerships within a 40 mile radius. They don't have VRODs because they sell like hotcakes!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Guys, his post may not have said enough to sway you, but read some of my previouos posts about these two dealerships. They are THE worst. I called a few weeks back about getting my bike dyno-tuned with the CFR and PCIII, the guy responded with, "dyno-tuuuuuuunnnned???" Yeah, dyno-tuned. He says, "well what have you done to it?" A CFR pipe and a PCIII. "Oh, the Power Commander....(long pause)...I'm not sure if we can work on the power commander. I may as well have told him I put a Power Ranger on the bike. He had no clue!

I now only go to either place when I need a good laugh. I walk in, ask some V-rod specific questions that I already know answers to from reading here. They stand around and bullshit me til they are blue, I get a nice laugh and move on with my day.

P.S. reichard, try Dutch's Custom cycle in Mount Pocono, tell him I sent you. (He just dyno-tuned my bike). The guy wa great. Honest, straight forward, reasonable price, bike was ready when promised, AND, get this, IT RUNS GREAT. And as a kicker, he was able to carry on a conversation about the bike with me and actually reply once in a while with intelligent, informed answers.

Give him a try. Victor @ Dutch's. Great service.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
479 Posts
skotk1 said:
Guys, his post may not have said enough to sway you, but read some of my previouos posts about these two dealerships. They are THE worst. I called a few weeks back about getting my bike dyno-tuned with the CFR and PCIII, the guy responded with, "dyno-tuuuuuuunnnned???" Yeah, dyno-tuned. He says, "well what have you done to it?" A CFR pipe and a PCIII. "Oh, the Power Commander....(long pause)...I'm not sure if we can work on the power commander. I may as well have told him I put a Power Ranger on the bike. He had no clue!

I now only go to either place when I need a good laugh. I walk in, ask some V-rod specific questions that I already know answers to from reading here. They stand around and bullshit me til they are blue, I get a nice laugh and move on with my day.

P.S. reichard, try Dutch's Custom cycle in Mount Pocono, tell him I sent you. (He just dyno-tuned my bike). The guy wa great. Honest, straight forward, reasonable price, bike was ready when promised, AND, get this, IT RUNS GREAT. And as a kicker, he was able to carry on a conversation about the bike with me and actually reply once in a while with intelligent, informed answers.

Give him a try. Victor @ Dutch's. Great service.
why would you waste their time if you already know the answer anyway.

some dealers dont deal with power commander or just use the screamin eagle tuner.

if theres not enough demand its not feasible for them to train someone on it and get the equipment maybe, or for warranty issues they just deal with screamin eagle.
 

·
Janitor of Anarchy
Joined
·
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
skotk1 said:
Guys, his post may not have said enough to sway you, but read some of my previouos posts about these two dealerships. They are THE worst. I called a few weeks back about getting my bike dyno-tuned with the CFR and PCIII, the guy responded with, "dyno-tuuuuuuunnnned???" Yeah, dyno-tuned. He says, "well what have you done to it?" A CFR pipe and a PCIII. "Oh, the Power Commander....(long pause)...I'm not sure if we can work on the power commander. I may as well have told him I put a Power Ranger on the bike. He had no clue!

I now only go to either place when I need a good laugh. I walk in, ask some V-rod specific questions that I already know answers to from reading here. They stand around and bullshit me til they are blue, I get a nice laugh and move on with my day.

P.S. reichard, try Dutch's Custom cycle in Mount Pocono, tell him I sent you. (He just dyno-tuned my bike). The guy wa great. Honest, straight forward, reasonable price, bike was ready when promised, AND, get this, IT RUNS GREAT. And as a kicker, he was able to carry on a conversation about the bike with me and actually reply once in a while with intelligent, informed answers.

Give him a try. Victor @ Dutch's. Great service.
skotk1, yeah these two locals drive me crazy. Zero vrod support for the last four years. I know of Dutch's -- and I'll be certain to start going back to Shoch HD in Stroudsburg and Dutch's despite the drive.
 

·
Gone
Joined
·
2,012 Posts
skotk1 said:
Guys, his post may not have said enough to sway you, but read some of my previouos posts about these two dealerships. They are THE worst. I called a few weeks back about getting my bike dyno-tuned with the CFR and PCIII, the guy responded with, "dyno-tuuuuuuunnnned???" Yeah, dyno-tuned. He says, "well what have you done to it?" A CFR pipe and a PCIII. "Oh, the Power Commander....(long pause)...I'm not sure if we can work on the power commander. I may as well have told him I put a Power Ranger on the bike. He had no clue!

I now only go to either place when I need a good laugh. I walk in, ask some V-rod specific questions that I already know answers to from reading here. They stand around and bullshit me til they are blue, I get a nice laugh and move on with my day.

P.S. reichard, try Dutch's Custom cycle in Mount Pocono, tell him I sent you. (He just dyno-tuned my bike). The guy wa great. Honest, straight forward, reasonable price, bike was ready when promised, AND, get this, IT RUNS GREAT. And as a kicker, he was able to carry on a conversation about the bike with me and actually reply once in a while with intelligent, informed answers.

Give him a try. Victor @ Dutch's. Great service.
I am tired of beating a dead horse and maybe my dealership is lucky to have me behind the counter but can you really expect the Service departments of our dealers to know every aftermarket part? If you are looking for a good PC tuner look up a shop on PC's website.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
284 Posts
Nevermind them having to know about the Power Commander. Even though it is one of the best selling tuners on the market, why would Harley ever need to know about it? Nobody said they need to know every part. But since changing pipes is the first mod on almost every Harley purchased these days, and the PC is one of the top sellers, why shouldn't they know about it? Your attitude seems to be consistant with these dealers. They don't know about it, or care to know. The other shop I mentioned not only knew about it, but had all the connectors and wires, etc. to do the job.


The kicker for me was when the service guy didn't really seem to know what I meant when I asked to have my bike dyno-tuned. This is the same dealership who told me they had a harley tech from out of town come in to ride my bike becasue the couldn't solve a noise in the rear end and he wouldn't ride the bike because I had a plug in my rear tire. Turns out the "plug" was a glob of tar from their parking lot stuck to the tire.

To answer the other question about wasting their time, I feel that since I bought my bike at the dealer, they should make some effort to "service" my needs. To call and ask them if they could dyno my bike should not be out of the realm of possibility for them. They are closer to my home than the other shop, and I figured they would know the bike. I felt this was something they could handle. Again, silly me. These guys are a joke.

Unless you have personally dealt with either of these places, it's not fair to speculate on their defense. There are a laundry list of similar stories about both places. I could go on with at least 4-5 other ones, but I won't bore you. If I personally have that many, imagine all the ones I haven't heard.

If you still choose to defend these clowns, save up all your hard-earned $$$ and head in there for "service". I'll be waiting here for your positive story.
 

·
durata membro
Joined
·
17,603 Posts
Sorry bout your attitude at a Harley dealer that's closer to your house than mine,I'm just over 9 miles from the dealer.
They have always had a good stock and sold alot of V-Rods where I deal.They really didn't care for the V-Rod at first,but I guess they figured to make part of their living from them. There were 2 08's,they went the first 2 days but they have a few new 07's and a used SE.
They stock the basic parts and accessorys that move the quickest.Most all of the accessory parts in the V-Rod and Softail sections are already on my bikes,so I guess I could bitch that there isn't anything new and interesting but I don't because what ever I want from where ever I ask to get it from they can get it,plus I get at a decent discount without S&H.My newest order is custom made brake lines from Goodrich,prior to that they sent a pulley off for chroming for alot less than anyone else could match,CTH won't deal w V-Rod chroming anymore.

Here is the service reminder card that all of their customers get that was in my mail today.The bikes are changed each reminder to make everyone feel apart of the Harley ownership.



Elrod on the V-Rod
 

Attachments

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
Top