Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
guys,

trying to load one of the maps of the cd that came with my sert.
it found the vin no worries. selected program ecm cal went to 40% then nothing for a few minutes and program was not responding.

disconnected everything and now bike wont run?????

any ideas?????:banghead:

CODES that are coming up
11 U1064 Current Loss of TSM/TSSM serial data-at ECM 4.32 DTC U1064, U1255
12 U1016 Current Loss of all ECM serial data-at TSSM 3.19 DTC U1016
and 61008??? which i couldn't find
 

·
"Easy Wind"
Joined
·
179 Posts
well, this is only speculation so I hesitate to post it, but I spoke with an HD service rep who told me the new SERT isn't working properly with V-Rod setups....touring and sportsters yes, but buggy for Rods....he wasn't sure 100% why, but waiting for him to get back to me before I pick up my bike tommorow...
...Then you see a few others on here running 08's with SERT no problems.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
no worries let us know if you hear anything.
:cheers:
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
What has happened is the old program has been erased and there's no new program to take it's place.

I'll assume you are running V476 (-01L).

There used to be a section in the manual that talked about recovering from a failed attempt but that's not there now.

Regardless, the procedure is cycle power then restart the programming process. First, you should try to see if it can read the ECM. That may fail since it's so far into the new program but it's worth a try.

When you select "Program ECM" it should detect the failed attempt and go into a recovery mode. If it doesn't then your only option will be to have the dealership attempt a recovery using their digital tech.
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
Correction, the recovery instructions are part of the HELP section of the tuning mode software. Open up the tuning program and select help from the menu. The section on recovering are near the end.

Point to note: There are a multitude of reasons to read the help files BEFORE you do anything. The following is a classic example

Tuning Mode internally stores information that is required to complete the ECM Programming process. DO NOT exit the Tuning Mode program until you have tried the following options:

· Verify the cable connections are secure and retry the operation

· Cycle the vehicle ignition power, wait 10 seconds and retry the operation

· Disconnect the battery, wait 10 seconds and retry the operation

· Exit the programming window, reload the tuning file and retry programming

If tuning Mode is exited after a programming failure and the ECM has NOT been successfully programmed, it may be necessary for your Harley-Davidson dealer to recover the ECM using Digital Technician.
Hopefully you can recover considering you probably exited the tuning program.
 

·
----->
Joined
·
7,589 Posts
mjw930 said:
Correction, the recovery instructions are part of the HELP section of the tuning mode software. Open up the tuning program and select help from the menu. The section on recovering are near the end.

Point to note: There are a multitude of reasons to read the help files BEFORE you do anything. The following is a classic example



Hopefully you can recover considering you probably exited the tuning program.
Dude, You are awesome!:deal:
 

·
Color me Gone
Joined
·
27,333 Posts
If waiting 10 seconds doesn't work take the battery loose for atleast an hour. That lets all the capacitors and everything power down all the way. I have had to let them sit for as much as 24 hours on cars that fail but always got them to program after sitting with no power for a while. Make sure your battery is fully charged also before you start another attempt.
 

·
syclone
Joined
·
44 Posts
Max said:
If waiting 10 seconds doesn't work take the battery loose for atleast an hour. That lets all the capacitors and everything power down all the way. I have had to let them sit for as much as 24 hours on cars that fail but always got them to program after sitting with no power for a while. Make sure your battery is fully charged also before you start another attempt.
you can discharge the capacitors immediately by holding the disconnected battery cables together for about 10 seconds...reattach and try and load the map file. If there is no file listed when you attempt to retrive ecm info...thats ok..the new map will still load.. A fully charged battery is very important....and make sure you have NO other programs running on the laptop .
 

·
WHATEVER
Joined
·
3,739 Posts
I have had this happen a couple of times and I just removed MAXIFUSE for 2 minutes and rebooted the software, worked no problem.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
you guys are unbelieveable:notworth:

will try what you all have said and see how i go. will let you all know what the end result is

thanks guys this forum rocks
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
update on this

BEEF-AUS said:
guys,

trying to load one of the maps of the cd that came with my sert.
it found the vin no worries. selected program ecm cal went to 40% then nothing for a few minutes and program was not responding.

disconnected everything and now bike wont run?????

any ideas?????:banghead:

CODES that are coming up
11 U1064 Current Loss of TSM/TSSM serial data-at ECM 4.32 DTC U1064, U1255
12 U1016 Current Loss of all ECM serial data-at TSSM 3.19 DTC U1016
and 61008??? which i couldn't find



guys i have taken my bike to the dealership service center from where i have purchased the bike.
the tech connected his digi tech to the bike and it found the bike but the bike had no info on board no vin id ect.
he entered the vin number and it came up successful he then selected the stock flash for the bike but it wouldn't upload.

he said that hd from the states have emailed them about the new 08's having some problem of communicating from the sert and the bike with the L software. appartently none of the 08's are communication with L software Dynas, Softails ect.

so there is the update. the guys still have my bike and i should have it back in a few days with a bit of luck

Keith
 

·
SNAFU
Joined
·
13,094 Posts
Good to know before I plug in mine. I thought I saw posts here from others who had sucessfully programmed an '08 but I can't seem to find them.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
mjw930 said:
Good to know before I plug in mine. I thought I saw posts here from others who had sucessfully programmed an '08 but I can't seem to find them.

yeah he believes had they are releasing a new version of the software in the next month or so.
 

·
spit happens
Joined
·
5,534 Posts
A kid at work just got an 08 streetglide.He got the SERT for it and it locked up on him also.Took it back to dealer and they were able to get the map loaded into the bike,thru their digi tech.This must not be just a vrsc prob,but probs with the SERT software.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
yeah apparently its with all 08 bikes having a problem communicating with the L software
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Guys,

received a phone call from the HD service center and they are saying the ECM is pretty much FRIED. They had a Tech look at it and he couldn't read anything on the ECM with the digitech.

They have order a new ECM from the US today and are saying anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks :sad:

so anyone with a VRSC, Softail or Dyna 08 dont use the L software they are saying the Sporty and Tourers are ok
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
167 Posts
Oh no! :-(

BEEF-AUS said:
Guys,

received a phone call from the HD service center and they are saying the ECM is pretty much FRIED. They had a Tech look at it and he couldn't read anything on the ECM with the digitech.

They have order a new ECM from the US today and are saying anywhere from 2 to 4 weeks :sad:

so anyone with a VRSC, Softail or Dyna 08 dont use the L software they are saying the Sporty and Tourers are ok
I hope it all works out, can't they get whatever parts they need from another Oz dealer?

Does that mean we won't see you at the GP?
 
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top