Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Biketronics has a plug and play for the '16 VRSCDX. #BT801V

Who is happy using this equalizer with LED turn signals front and rear?
I want to stay with the 1157 factory sockets in the factory housings . What LED's are you running? Eagle lights, Custom dynamics or other?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Custom dynamics are perfect for me, plus I've had to use their hassle free warrenty and they were a pleasure to deal with. Only thing make sure you secure the led panel in the oem housing, (I used silicone) otherwise the LEDs will eventually break off the panel from the constant vibration.

OH yeah I recommend you install the load equilizers somewhere where they can breathe, cause they can get hot if flashers are used for a extended period of time. I had mine under the seat and once when I was doing security for a ride on a hot day I had the 4 ways running for an hour or so, a good chunk of the plastic under the passager seat melted, good thing the foam, wiring or ecu was not touched. Only realized latter in the season when I took the seat off. That was a close one

Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
The Biketronics load equalizer has been working for me for about 10 years now with no problems. Plug and play into the front signal circuits. I have leds both front and rear.

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
I've got the Custom Dynamics - only thing I haven't done myself on the bike. I installed the 7" LED headlight, but wifey got me the LED tail light and all 4 turn signals installed for Christmas, Very Nice, got handful of connectors and equalizers under the seat no problems yet but I had to dremel tool the rear turn signal mount bowls for the LED to slide in, still got them Gorilla taped in place but going to toss the 1157 sockets and wire it in, RTV the LED's in the bowl and not look back. They seem very reliable, more than I thought.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I have a question on these load equalizers. If you do LED front signals and rear signals do you need:
a) One LE altogether
b) One LE for the front and one LE for the rear
c) One LE for each light (e.g. two for the front and two for the rear)
d) Other

·
Tie One On
1,647 Posts
I second happy with Custom dynamics units and I put one in each line

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
One biketronics is good for all lights in the circuit.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Biketronics load equalizer has been working for me for about 10 years now with no problems. Plug and play into the front signal circuits. I have leds both front and rear.
Thanks, most agree on Biketronics, That's the way I'll go.

·
Registered Useless
590 Posts
. . .
I want to stay with the 1157 factory sockets in the factory housings . What LED's are you running? Eagle lights, Custom dynamics or other?
To keep your stock housings, you can get 1157 LED replacement bulbs with Cree super bright LED's, brighter than incandescent even, through eBay or Amazon. Like everything else, their made in China, but they seem to do the job. So far.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Hey PrOjekt, did you ever find out? I have the same questions
Hey bud, I bought the biketronics load equalizer however I have not installed it yet.

- I installed a fender eliminator with LED tails and brake lights and I do not have a hyper flash issue. The piece I used for this was complete plug and play and actually removed my rear turn signal module altogether.
- From everything I've read, once I install my LED front signals, I will need to install the load equalizer. I haven't ordered the fronts yet but when I do and install them I'll follow back up.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I just received a biketronics load equalizer for my 2017 NRS. I was hoping that I could install it under the seat but it turns out it has to go up front. Im running out of space behind the headlight. New LED headlight and adaptor, LED turn signals in the rear view mirrors with all connectors behind the light. What are other people doing to make space?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts