Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have an 07 and am changing the rear fender out. I'm going to install Radiantz 15 led strips for the rear turn signals, I'm keeping the stock front turn signals. Do I need a load equalizer for this? I have the factory installed security system.

Thanks for the help.

·
Another Ski season
2,631 Posts
from my experiance... you may. Some have not needed them when only doing the rears. When I did my custom dynamics dog eyes on the rear I did need one.

·
Gone
9,302 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I discovered that when I searched, I didn't know if the security module had any bearing on it or not. I guess it wouldn't take much to add one if I do need it, there's no chance of anything messing up is there, it's only that it flashes too fast? Or does the security system not work right?

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
The only time I've not needed an equalizer is when I add LED's to and existing incandesent system.You'll need one if you are only running the LEDs.

Elrod on the V-Rod

·
Banned
6,735 Posts
I run a Heavycycles rear W/integrated blinkers and the stock fronts with no equalizer. Works fine. I'd put one on if I go with all LEDs though.

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
I am running a radiantz led strip as a running/brake light & turn signals and DID need an equalizer.

·
That U in my mirror?
1,511 Posts
Elrod & raebear are correct. I added a Radiantz LED strip to the rear with rear LED turns - no equalizer needed. As soon as I went front LED's for the turns I had to add the equalizer.

I suggest you go ahead and buy the equalizer. It's only a matter of time before you go completely LED.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts