Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just a disclaimer before I start, I dont speed on roads I have little experience with. There is a long, smooth, 4 lane road out of town with little traffic that Ive ridden thousands of miles on that I like to occasionally open it up on to really experience that VRod craziness!
Last time I was out, I maxed out my speed for the first time and noticed I topped out at 130 mph and still had a little over 100 rpms left to 9k.
I have a 2011 NRS with the 1250, souldnt there be an extra 15 mph or so left?
The rpms just smoothed out and held firm at around 8k, no rev limiter was kicking in.
I know my mass airflow sensor is unhooked because of the aftermarket airbox, it was the only thing I could think of that might affect performance (but how so?) Thoughts? Thanks guys.

·
Registered
440 Posts
There is no mass air sensor on a VRSC. 130 is about it with on a 1250cc with wind resistance and a big rear wheel with a 28 tooth front sprocket

·
Registered
118 Posts
My 05 A 1130 hits 130 easily with a 28 tooth sprocket and feels like it has plenty left to go. I just haven't wanted to stress it too much. I've always calculated that it should top out at about 150 at 9000. I think my super sport windshield offers a little less wind resistance than my upper body because of the angle of the mounting and it feels faster with it.

·
Registered
440 Posts
180 rear wheel and tire weight has a lot less mass to overcome versus turning the weight of a 240 wheel and tire.
2003 models had a 30 tooth front sprocket not a 28.

·
Registered
105 Posts
180 rear wheel and tire weight has a lot less mass to overcome versus turning the weight of a 240 wheel and tire.
2003 models had a 30 tooth front sprocket not a 28.
ok so just enter a 240 rear model on the website, not hard...

·
Registered
440 Posts
IT DOESN'T ACCOUNT FOR ROLLING MASS WEIGHT ONLY TIRE DIAMETER.
THERE IS MORE TO THE REALISTIC EQUATION BESIDES TIRE DIAMETER.

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
I lean forward to lower my profile as much as possible and 130-135 is about all I can get out of my '09 F. It's all about wind resistance the farther you get into triple digits! Sometimes things are smooth and other times the wind pushes you around. Be careful though, as nice as these Rods are, top speed is not the playground you wanna hang out on!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts