Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I feel like a kid waiting for christmas every time HD is about to reveal their new line-up.:D

Anybody else feel like that?

·
Color me Gone
27,333 Posts
Nitro66 said:
I feel like a kid waiting for christmas every time HD is about to reveal their new line-up.:D

Anybody else feel like that?
LOL not really, I don't think there will be in surprises this year but you never know. We will know monday one way or the other though.

·
Dragger o' Pegs
3,461 Posts
If I was in the market to buy something new I would be excited. I was excited in past years when I worked at the Stealer. New stuff meant new sales!!

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
All the threads speculating whats gunna be what etc.... do absolutley nothing for me. MAkes me realize even more that I am furthest from being a Bike Guy and if it wasnt for the 2002 Vrod I wouldnt have a Bike today.
Find it kinda funny all the bickering that goes on about it too. I went into the delaer a few weeks ago with a Gurlfriend of mine to pick up something in the Parts dept, walked right through the Showroom, talked to Parts, walked out. As we we where getting on the bike She said' We didnt look at any of those bikes" I asked "What bikes?" They all look the same to me and I dont really like them.

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
luxlamf said:
All the threads speculating whats gunna be what etc.... do absolutley nothing for me. MAkes me realize even more that I am furthest from being a Bike Guy and if it wasnt for the 2002 Vrod I wouldnt have a Bike today.
Find it kinda funny all the bickering that goes on about it too. I went into the delaer a few weeks ago with a Gurlfriend of mine to pick up something in the Parts dept, walked right through the Showroom, talked to Parts, walked out. As we we where getting on the bike She said' We didnt look at any of those bikes" I asked "What bikes?" They all look the same to me and I dont really like them.
True. I am more of a "bike guy" then you. I LOVE bikes ALL KINDS OF bikes! Not so much Harley's though. The DX or the annodized '02 are really the only Harley's that interest me. But as far as bikes go LOTS of different kinds are cool! (saw a BRILLIANT Ducati fly by me on the ride to work this AM, SO nice!)

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Kelley said:
True. I am more of a "bike guy" then you. I LOVE bikes ALL KINDS OF bikes! Not so much Harley's though. The DX or the annodized '02 are really the only Harley's that interest me. But as far as bikes go LOTS of different kinds are cool! (saw a BRILLIANT Ducati fly by me on the ride to work this AM, SO nice!)
YEs you are, I can appreciate the European bikes though, they are works of Art some of them but even them if I stop to look at them and someone starts telling me the mechanics of it my eyes begin to glass over "2 stroke blah blah blah blah " "Huh what time is it?", as far as HD's and Indians(AKA DOlly Parton circa 1978 I called them, huge with fringe everywhere) paint and chrome looks like one big jumbled mess after a while and they all look the same (I wont get onto the Bagger line, esh)

·
Vendor
5,940 Posts
luxlamf said:

Lux you are so badass and you dont even know it! :stilpoke: :dance:

·
Not 1 Serious Thread
12,942 Posts
luxlamf said:
YEs you are, I can appreciate the European bikes though, they are works of Art some of them but even them if I stop to look at them and someone starts telling me the mechanics of it my eyes begin to glass over "2 stroke blah blah blah blah " "Huh what time is it?", as far as HD's and Indians(AKA DOlly Parton circa 1978 I called them, huge with fringe everywhere) paint and chrome looks like one big jumbled mess after a while and they all look the same (I wont get onto the Bagger line, esh)
you'd appreciate the vintage bikes I've grown a fondness for too. (the pristine cherryed out ones) They are very simple, sleek and understated. Especially the cafe races. I agree about the fringe and the bags. NOT at all my thing.

·
myvrodrocks
6,021 Posts
pegdragger said:
If I was in the market to buy something new I would be excited. I was excited in past years when I worked at the Stealer. New stuff meant new sales!!

Think how I must feel. 1 DX left in Europe (military) and I have my name on it but not for long...I am only waiting till Monday to tell the guy if I will be holding out for an 08 or not...if so I have to wait out the summer sith no bike. If they really are going from 1130 to 1247 imagine that baby with a brand spanking new Trask Turbo...

·
A Beautiful Country
181 Posts
luxlamf said:
It seems to me, someone who thinks all bikes look the same, and doesn't really like them, wouldn't want to spend so much time on a site dedicated to bikes. And not European bikes, real American bikes.

·
Sanctimonious
44,118 Posts
Aldankirk said:
It seems to me, someone who thinks all bikes look the same, and doesn't really like them, wouldn't want to spend so much time on a site dedicated to bikes. And not European bikes, real American bikes.
OH you havent talked to any of the HD Brigade (Maybe you have seen them, bandanas, ponytails, Dungeon and Dragons type Tshirts etc) but My bike is built by Porsche and Not American at all and actually should not have the name Harley Davidson on it at all. So I am safe, I have a very stylish European MotorBike. Even Willie G said it reminds him of a Ferrari (when talking about the Anodized of course) when he looked at it.

·
Registered
2,746 Posts
Aldankirk said:
Real American bikes with German engines and Japanese hardware.:notworth:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts