Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just ordered a V-Rod shop manual and electrical manual, but it's going to take another week before they arrive---so forgive my ignorance here.

What color wire is it for the LOWBEAM that is the "accessory hot wire"? Also which wire in the bundle is the factory high beam hot wire?

The reason that I ask is because I am installing a set of auxilary lights that wire into the system.

Regards,
Inked

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
have you considered using the orange/white (orange wire white stripe)? it is unused on the domestic bikes and is wired to the headlight circuit.
In that same harness located behind the left side cover, there is a blue wire and a yellow wire. One is the high beam the other is low. I do not recall which is which though

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Good call AOW, and thanks for the response.

I was just in the garage looking at the wiring on the left side of the bike and I see that for the LOWBEAM there is a white wire and black wire. For the HIGHBEAM there is a yellow wire and a black wire. I'm assuming that the black is a ground wire and the other two are "hot".

Yes, I found the orange wire with the white stripe. It's in the wiring bundle that looks like it goes up to the gauge cluster. On my bike there appears to be two of them. But they are in a seperate bundle from the headlight wire bundle. But the orange/white wire is sitting in there and is pretty easy to spot.

Regards,
Inked

·
Registered
248 Posts
low beam is yellow, hi beam is white, black is common

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Got lights installed and are working fine.

My Shop Manual and Electrical Manual showed up at the door this afternoon. What a stroke of luck !!!

The install went very smooth. I'll post up some pics soon.

Inked

1 - 7 of 7 Posts