Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was wondering has anyone here tried lightening that heavy rear rim found on wide assed aws.i figured it could be put in a lathe and trimmed of some excess lbs.i havent measured mine yet but had a thought that it could loose some material on the inside of the tyre well area.there are lighter wheels out there and its got to be because there is less material in them.sooo why not put the oem one on a diet without weakining it,maybee.i would like to hear oponions before i go further with this.

·
ISU
1,446 Posts
only down side i would think of is that they are cast wheels, so there is a change that you could run into casting imperfections? when i had my solid wheels cut on the inside of the cuts every now and then i see small imperfections but nothing that is noticeable. or am i way off?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
only down side i would think of is that they are cast wheels, so there is a change that you could run into casting imperfections? or am i way off?
most all wheels are cast and machined so no i dont think thats an issue.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
grab a set of the stock 180 solid rims, have it widened and cut. It should end up lighter than the stock 240

1 - 5 of 5 Posts