Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,390 Posts
My 2007 has 180,000 miles on it. The engine has never been out of the frame for maintenance. The frame was torn down for powder coating. Nothing was done to the Engine.
Biggest maintenance is the Valve lash adjustment every 20,000 miles of so.

·
Registered
40 Posts
The motor is well engineered and will out last you.
The rest of the bike though is like any bike. Rubber goods deteriorate. The charging system cable grommet in the side case will leak some day, the breather hose under the air box will crack and blow oil spray on the motor. Rear brake light switch fails and leaks brake fluid. The radiator side cover tabs break off east, as does the instrument cluster trim. Water pump gaskets leak. Etc

·
My Last Ride
1,351 Posts
I am buying a v rod with 15000 miles what kind of issues can I expect if any and what kind of high milage have you seen on 2004 v rods
I have an 04B with 15,000+ miles and it hasn't caused me any trouble. The overall condition of the motorcycle is usually an accurate indication of how the motorcycle was maintained.

Ron

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have an 04 B with 15,000 miles and have had a handful of minor issues. Remove the heat shrink hose clamps on your radiator hoses and replace them with regular worm gear clamps,
tighten all other hose clamps, clean and grease steering head bearings, check your plastic fuel lines from your fuel sender to engine (they rub on misc brackets and will wear through) and replace blow-by breather hoses that go to your air filter base.

·
Crash Bandacoot
1,434 Posts
I know this is an old post. My '05 ( I bought brand new) has 35k on the clock and never been apart...not even for valve shims. I REALLY should do that...soon! :)

'Crewzr

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.