Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I think that being on this forum and reading about everyone else's mods is making me want to do everything right this minute. But anyways, how would I go about doing the side mount for the license plate, my girlfriend LOVES riding, is this going to interfere with her leg room? Any ideas or comments are greatly appreciated.

·
Jay Johnston
1,732 Posts
I built my side mount and it bolts on the left side lower shock bolt. I have pics in my gallery. Nope it doesn't interfere with passenger foot position.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
Shadow11 said:
I built my side mount and it bolts on the left side lower shock bolt. I have pics in my gallery. Nope it doesn't interfere with passenger foot position.

:stupid:

My sidemount is on the lower shock bolt and I have no problems. The only problem I had was that when I first installed it I would hit it with my right leg when I got off the bike, but now that it's been a while I don't do that anymore.

·
Registered
254 Posts
http://www.dreamweaversprostreet.com

Got my side plate mount from these guys... it came powder coated flat black, $49.95 shipped to my door. Also mounted on the left lower shock bolt, the only thing you'll need in addition is a large washer, picked mine up from home depot.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
I made mine out of a 4" "L" bracket and license plate cover and back plate. Less than $20. I had it spot welded and powder coated black for another $10. Works GR8!

Check my Gallery for photo's.

·
Ride Free, Alex!!!
1,422 Posts
Mine's from RMD Billet, and although a little pricey, it's a very well made unit with 6 white LEDs across the top. Excellent chrome, CNC made from billet aluminum. It mounts to the lower left shock bolt, well out of the way of any passengers feet. Check out my gallery for pics...

·
Premium Member
1,284 Posts
Mark Ducati said:
http://www.dreamweaversprostreet.com

Got my side plate mount from these guys... it came powder coated flat black, $49.95 shipped to my door. Also mounted on the left lower shock bolt, the only thing you'll need in addition is a large washer, picked mine up from home depot.
Thanks for the link.

·
Registered
254 Posts
waterwerks,

Give Gary a call at DreamWeavers, he can and does make a side mount with LED's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts