Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered a vivid black '11 Muscle while I'm here in Iraq, due to return home and pick it up in November. Meanwhile I'm about to start ordering goodies for it :) I'd love to see pics of luggage folks have attached to their V for roadtrips. I'm not building a bagger, I just want to be able to throw the old lady and some luggage on the back and haul off a few hundred miles for the weekend when the mood strikes. I see TONS of different bags out there, just looking for pics of what looks good and fits well on a v rod.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,017 Posts

hard H/D bags, H/D rack bag, medium/large bikers friend bag

Riding a passenger if you really want any amount of storage at all you are going to have to consider saddlebags.....a lot of this depends on how long you will be gone and how heavy you pack. I go for up to 7 days at a time and am a very heavy packer

·
Registered
44 Posts
I just ordered a vivid black '11 Muscle while I'm here in Iraq, due to return home and pick it up in November. Meanwhile I'm about to start ordering goodies for it :) I'd love to see pics of luggage folks have attached to their V for roadtrips. I'm not building a bagger, I just want to be able to throw the old lady and some luggage on the back and haul off a few hundred miles for the weekend when the mood strikes. I see TONS of different bags out there, just looking for pics of what looks good and fits well on a v rod.

Thanks!
I dont have any bags on my DX, I just want to say thank you for what you are doing over there!!! Good luck and enjoy your Vrod when you get home!

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase.Muscle Bags are the best fit on the Muscle.And they actually look decent.Imagine that? Have a safe journey home.

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the pics everyone. I love the look of the Muscle hard bags, but at this point I don't want to go with a hard mount bag. The bagger look isn't my deal, but you've pulled it off nicely whlmn4evr.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
As others have. Mount a quick T-bag and you're on the road stat. ....
You'll be packed in seconds waiting for wife to put makeup on her face .

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
T-bag.

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I guess thats most likely what I'll do. I've got a design in mind for some quick removal bag/backrest/sissy bar mounts that should look pretty good, but I don't exactly have a way to act on the design until I get back to the states. I could draw it up in cad, but without a bike here to make measurements from that'd be pretty tough as well....

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Looks great! Are they removable?

·
Premium Member
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks. I can handle a few minutes for changeover, I just don't want to mount somehting that will leave open holes or ugly hardware still on the bike when I go to take it off. I guess most likely what I'll do is get a sissy bar bag that I can just stap to the backrest when I want to haul off on a trip with the old lady.

·
Posting From The Pub
7,850 Posts

·
caferacer
5,686 Posts
dark pic

Hey Louis,
Are those throw over bags with yoke. ...picture is a bit dark.
About time your PUB mug (avatar)shows......just needs some beer froth on mustache.:cheers::cheers::cheers:
:D

1 - 20 of 73 Posts