Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
MASTER VR TECH
1,777 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Ya'll, I see alot of compliants about Ratt'lin from the air box. To set this issue straight,this is the sound of your intake valves. Totally normal. Clunk in the front end. I experience this every week. And yes, I am fed up with it too. Also the stall'in problem. It is my mission this week to find out some answers from the factory. No more sugar coating. I have had some complaints of leaking coolant lines. The factory is not getting the worm clamps tight enough on the coolant hoses. Have your tech. check them. Also check the breather hose clamps. Many of cam cover gasket leaks have been mis-diag. due to this problem. Check your coolant bottle. If it is overfull, you may have a pinched return line. If it is low you may have loose worm clamps. Check your front axle. '02-'03 models have a metric pitch that can come loose. '04 H-D went with a standard pitch that holds clamp load better. Look at your coolant lines while the bike is cooling down. If they collapse, you have a problem with the filler neck. This will cause coolant problems in the future. See you dealer if this is a issue. And last but not least, RIDE IT!! :ride: Most complaints I get are all about the same. This is not your EVO. You should be running in first gear around town. Shift at 6-7 grand in first gear. And then the same there after. This is normal riding for the Revolution. I get complaints of noise. I ask people, how fast are you going, and in what gear? 9 times out of 10, they tell me around 40mph in 4th. WHOA!! You should be in first at 40mph. I stess again this is not your typical Harley. I tell new and old riders, If you want to experience the true V-ROD, take it up to 5 grand, then lay on it till 8500. And hold on. In my exp. I have yet to see a blown motor. RIDE IT!!!! Later SKI. CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE!!!!!

·
Banned
3,131 Posts
SKIROD said:
Hey Ya'll, I see alot of compliants about Ratt'lin from the air box. To set this issue straight,this is the sound of your intake valves. Totally normal. Clunk in the front end. I experience this every week. And yes, I am fed up with it too. Also the stall'in problem. It is my mission this week to find out some answers from the factory. No more sugar coating. I have had some complaints of leaking coolant lines. The factory is not getting the worm clamps tight enough on the coolant hoses. Have your tech. check them. Also check the breather hose clamps. Many of cam cover gasket leaks have been mis-diag. due to this problem. Check your coolant bottle. If it is overfull, you may have a pinched return line. If it is low you may have loose worm clamps. Check your front axle. '02-'03 models have a metric pitch that can come loose. '04 H-D went with a standard pitch that holds clamp load better. Look at your coolant lines while the bike is cooling down. If they collapse, you have a problem with the filler neck. This will cause coolant problems in the future. See you dealer if this is a issue. And last but not least, RIDE IT!! :ride: Most complaints I get are all about the same. This is not your EVO. You should be running in first gear around town. Shift at 6-7 grand in first gear. And then the same there after. This is normal riding for the Revolution. I get complaints of noise. I ask people, how fast are you going, and in what gear? 9 times out of 10, they tell me around 40mph in 4th. WHOA!! You should be in first at 40mph. I stess again this is not your typical Harley. I tell new and old riders, If you want to experience the true V-ROD, take it up to 5 grand, then lay on it till 8500. And hold on. In my exp. I have yet to see a blown motor. RIDE IT!!!! Later SKI. CHECK YOUR TIRE PRESSURE!!!!!
Amen, you are the man, I couldn't have said it better. Ride it like you stole it.

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
SKI,
I have a Couple for Ya! ;)

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
Super Kaz said:
SKI,
I have a Couple for Ya! ;)
Kaz, that doesnt count. You put more stress on that motor in one day than I would in a lifetime :hitfan: :sinister:
Seriously Kaz, you would make a great bike tester for HD.

Greg

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Greg687 said:
Kaz, that doesnt count. You put more stress on that motor in one day than I would in a lifetime :hitfan: :sinister:
Seriously Kaz, you would make a great bike tester for HD.

Greg
I think I already Am! :hidesbeh: ;)

·
Ironbutt
886 Posts
Ski, thanks for the heads up:D:D:D

·
Riding around
7,736 Posts
The big bore will have to go on my OTHER v-rod, then - not my current "bagger."

Skirod, sure with they'd update the shifting table in the OM!

·
Registered
283 Posts
:boobs: :boobs: :plause: :plause: :thumb: :thumb: Ski you are the man i might have to move to FLORIDA just to have a good tech to work with. Up in New England most STEALERS only got one tech that works on V-RODS.

·
Fireman/investigator
1,965 Posts
rodder said:
:boobs: :boobs: :plause: :plause: :thumb: :thumb: Ski you are the man i might have to move to FLORIDA just to have a good tech to work with. Up in New England most STEALERS only got one tech that works on V-RODS.
so THAT's where they all are. only one stealer around here, and no truly knowledgeable techs :(

Skirod... time to go mobile bro ;)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts