Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Been waiting a while to own this bike and now that I have it, I've been ordering parts and making a few mods until everything gets in.

Found a junked 2015 rear fender and chopped it until my new one gets in. DIY airbag parts coning in as well as rear fender kit.

Chopping a fairing I ordered and doing a smaller one to fit it. I bought a windshield off a vrod and bought some clamps to fit the forks from the dealer until I get the new fairing in and mounted. I'm going with the fiber-glass rear seat kit and air cover.

Wrapped those Vance & Hines pipes today as they were getting hot as hell. Can ride in shorts now. More to follow as parts get in.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Motorcycle Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle Fender

Auto part Pipe Automotive exhaust Exhaust manifold Fuel line

Disc brake Auto part Vehicle brake Wheel Brake

9-13-18
Air shocks installed and compressor mounted in airbox. Bushing were tricky and I don't know how you would do this if you don't have a press. Had to ream out upper stock bolt hole on new shock. Bushing from kit used on bottom and had to use lots of silicon spray to press it in smoothly.

Will plumb compressor once my rear fender/air box kit comes in.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You can prevent this by making sure the pipes are painted well before wrapping them and periodically spraying them with the silicon spray. Always run them too after washing them or they get wet until they aren't steaming. These steps should prevent most issues...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Bike is looking good.

Has the wrap made a significant difference to the heat felt on your leg?

I'm half way through wrapping mine with DEI Titanium wrap.

Does anyone know is the silicon spray is OK to use with the Titanium wrap?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Bike is looking good.

Has the wrap made a significant difference to the heat felt on your leg?

I'm half way through wrapping mine with DEI Titanium wrap.

Does anyone know is the silicon spray is OK to use with the Titanium wrap?

Wrap has made a huge difference in reducing the heat and I can leave my foot on the peg at lights now. Wrap from pipe end towards cylinder head. Spray is just a high temp paint that also protects wrap.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Wrap has made a huge difference in reducing the heat and I can leave my foot on the peg at lights now. Wrap from pipe end towards cylinder head. Spray is just a high temp paint that also protects wrap.
Wish I had seen you reply before i wrapped my Danmoto 2-1 pipe today.
I wrapped from the head end down. Why should it be the other way around? Is it so the over lap allows for water to drain off easier?

I may have to rehash them and get some spray also.

And if anyone is interested I would recommend getting 30ft of wrap for such pipes. I bought a 25ft wrap and it is a little shy of where I would really have liked it to finish. I might order another roll just 15ft long and do the front pipe again.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Been waiting a while to own this bike and now that I have it, I've been ordering parts and making a few mods until everything gets in.

Found a junked 2015 rear fender and chopped it until my new one gets in. DIY airbag parts coning in as well as rear fender kit.

Chopping a fairing I ordered and doing a smaller one to fit it. I bought a windshield off a vrod and bought some clamps to fit the forks from the dealer until I get the new fairing in and mounted. I'm going with the fiber-glass rear seat kit and air cover.

Wrapped those Vance & Hines pipes today as they were getting hot as hell. Can ride in shorts now. More to follow as parts get in.

View attachment 529811

View attachment 529813

View attachment 529815

View attachment 529817

9-13-18
Air shocks installed and compressor mounted in airbox. Bushing were tricky and I don't know how you would do this if you don't have a press. Had to ream out upper stock bolt hole on new shock. Bushing from kit used on bottom and had to use lots of silicon spray to press it in smoothly.

Will plumb compressor once my rear fender/air box kit comes in.

As of today 10-03-18

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Almost Done with the VROD

Bikes coming together.

I bought a nice dyna seat and chopped it up today to fit the new seat pan. Best $25 I've spent. Installed LED running lights and they're operational now. They run under airbox, on along the frame and below swing arm. If you run LEDs, best to keep them on red only for the cops. I have to do some working on the airbox cover to get the gauges to fit properly. The new seat pan can utilize the dyna cover once trimmed. The seat cover seam lines will work good too. More to come later...

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.