Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
loud & low & solo
634 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the thundermax is hands down an incredible system... i know this because i have ran all basemaps in my 08dx with 58mm tb's, dominator pipe, stage 2 cams. WHILE HAVING THE LAPTOP IN MY BACKPACK MONITORING ALMOST EVERY RIDE....

it hits EVERY targeted AFR in all TPS+RPM ranges... PERIOD! i watch it do so.

the real problem with the thundermax is the lack of basemaps. think about it guys. 90% of the people on this board are running either the 1130cc stock basemap or the 1250 basemap... YOU ARE ALL SHOOTING FOR THE SAME MAP... LITERALY! the tmax IS hitting right on spot for what you have loaded... your bike just doesnt like it...

for instance my bike loved the D&D map cause it was shooting for RICHER targets while cruising and WOT runs... but i feel the bike was starving for a little more... SO i loaded the 550 map for the V&H indy... it is just i bit more rich in cruising but just a hair leaner for WOT and my bike ABSOLUTELY EATS IT UP FOR LUNCH! THIS THING IS DOWN RIGHT SCARY NOW...

ZIPPERS!!!! WE NEED BASEMAPS!!!!!

·
Registered
329 Posts
the thundermax is hands down an incredible system... i know this because i have ran all basemaps in my 08dx with 58mm tb's, dominator pipe, stage 2 cams. WHILE HAVING THE LAPTOP IN MY BACKPACK MONITORING ALMOST EVERY RIDE....

it hits EVERY targeted AFR in all TPS+RPM ranges... PERIOD! i watch it do so.

the real problem with the thundermax is the lack of basemaps. think about it guys. 90% of the people on this board are running either the 1130cc stock basemap or the 1250 basemap... YOU ARE ALL SHOOTING FOR THE SAME MAP... LITERALY! the tmax IS hitting right on spot for what you have loaded... your bike just doesnt like it...

for instance my bike loved the D&D map cause it was shooting for RICHER targets while cruising and WOT runs... but i feel the bike was starving for a little more... SO i loaded the 550 map for the V&H indy... it is just i bit more rich in cruising but just a hair leaner for WOT and my bike ABSOLUTELY EATS IT UP FOR LUNCH! THIS THING IS DOWN RIGHT SCARY NOW...

ZIPPERS!!!! WE NEED BASEMAPS!!!!!
:them:

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
Yup.

They should have a basemap for every single exhaust possible for the V-Rod. There aren't many exhausts to begin with, here I can even make a list:

Rinehart 2into1
Bassani 2into1
V&H 2into1 - they have map
V&H 2into1 the long huge version
Various 2-1-2 slip on's
D&D 2into1 - they have map

Obviously I am not including custom pipes like toxic, exotic choppers, etc, as that is a niche market.

Come on Zippers, it's not hard.

·
Rallycaust Survivor
11,141 Posts
Yup.

They should have a basemap for every single exhaust possible for the V-Rod. There aren't many exhausts to begin with, here I can even make a list:

Rinehart 2into1
Bassani 2into1
V&H 2into1 - they have map
V&H 2into1 the long huge version
Various 2-1-2 slip on's
D&D 2into1 - they have map

Obviously I am not including custom pipes like toxic, exotic choppers, etc, as that is a niche market.

Come on Zippers, it's not hard.
YEP! Add FAIC to the list as well Zippers

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
there's actually a sticky for "basemaps" in the Thundermax section. I've always believed that if you are running the same set up as me but have 10k miles on yours and I have 10 miles on mine, they your 10k map would be the ideal basemap for me.

·
Registered
1,508 Posts
^ True, I had a Supertrapp Fat Shot's base map with like 17,000 km on it, it was sick.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts