Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently ordered a set of legends shocks but have since been reading that they really do not have any "shock absorbsion" rather just nice to raise and lower the bike.

Is this true, and if so is there a better choice in shocks for my DX. I dont think they have even shipped so I suspect I could still change my mind.

·
Registered
519 Posts
vesteroid said:
I recently ordered a set of legends shocks but have since been reading that they really do not have any "shock absorbsion" rather just nice to raise and lower the bike.

Is this true, and if so is there a better choice in shocks for my DX. I dont think they have even shipped so I suspect I could still change my mind.
I doesn't matter - jsut go with what you bought :D. Not sure how an air filled tube cannot have "absorbsion". You'll be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,031 Posts
I can't imagine that is true. I have an air ride and it absorbs the bumps. It's not Legends but I think your going to be ok.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Maybe shock absorbsion was the wrong phrase...how about rebound... I cant find the post on here right now I read but it was talking about another air ride shock such as the fx and was crowing about its rebound vs the legends none.

since then I have run across several similar post by a couple of manufacturers (or people using several different brands)

·
Registered
715 Posts
The higher the PSI the more rigid the ride will become. To me sometimes it rides like a rock not much bounce unless the weight to air pressure is just right. The claims are that it's the most comfortable ride you can have. I would beg to differ in my own experience, tire size may play a huge difference also. The most comfortable ride I have had personally was with a Metz 200. When I went with a 280 comfort went out the window now that I have a 300 which I haven't ridden yet I can only imagine.:moped: It should be obvious I don't ride for comfort anymore. I have ledged because of the quality and service of the system and I like to drop the back into the weeds. The ride is not bad once you find the sweet spot for your size or when your riding someone. Would I trade out, no way I love the black boot.:heart:

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
vesteroid said:
Maybe shock absorbsion was the wrong phrase...how about rebound... I cant find the post on here right now I read but it was talking about another air ride shock such as the fx and was crowing about its rebound vs the legends none.

since then I have run across several similar post by a couple of manufacturers (or people using several different brands)
I think you may be referring to "dampening" of a shock absorber. May air ride systems get the complaint of topping out due to lack of dampening to slow it down below it hits at full extension. As far as I am aware, the Arnott's are the only air ride that has any kind of dampening as they use a Bilstein or QA1 shock for them. The down side it black is not available yet.

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
o2man98 said:
I think you may be referring to "dampening" of a shock absorber. May air ride systems get the complaint of topping out due to lack of dampening to slow it down below it hits at full extension. As far as I am aware, the Arnott's are the only air ride that has any kind of dampening as they use a Bilstein or QA1 shock for them. The down side it black is not available yet.

What about chrome? :hidesbeh:

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol I went with chrome wheels and chrome legends air shocks..I thought the black boot would play nicely with my set up...gess I will stay with what I have...its not like I ride 300 miles in a day anyway.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts