Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you have an 07 where did you mount your compressor?

Says to mount it where the carbon canister should be, but I can never tell how old a set of instructions are. I havent pulled the rear pillion yet but I dont see any bracket behind the tank like they are talking about...of course the included pics are in black and white and have been copied 45 times so they look like nice globs now.

·
fire up !
700 Posts
vesteroid said:
If you have an 07 where did you mount your compressor?

Says to mount it where the carbon canister should be, but I can never tell how old a set of instructions are. I havent pulled the rear pillion yet but I dont see any bracket behind the tank like they are talking about...of course the included pics are in black and white and have been copied 45 times so they look like nice globs now.
i think those instructions refer to a canister set-up for a Cali R-model because they have a mounting bracket while all other Cali models have their canisters tucked away see attachment (6 = canister) from what i've read here most people mount them either in or in front of the airbox
hope this helps ?
grtz
edited: position canister see posts 3 & 4

Attachments

·
The Hawk
3,895 Posts
VrodG said:
Bracket in front of the tank :deal:
:them: Down low, in front of the fuel tank and behind the lower part of the engine case there is a spot where the Cali bikes had a charcoal canister mounted.

Mike

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Guys are you sure this holds true on the 07's with the larger gas tank. I just looked at teh bottom of the cases where teh oil pressure sending unit is and I dont see any way possible to get that compressor in there. In fact the tank wraps around the oil pressure sending unit. There is less than 1.5 inches of space between teh frame and the tank

·
Registered
519 Posts
Not sure what the legends compressor looks like but the only place I had left on my bike to mount my AirFX compressor was using hose clamps to mount on top of the radiator tubes next to the plenum. Actually looks really good and is nice and secure... Since you have no airbox also this might be your only choice too. Maybe it will fit in the carbon canister area? The slot to that area is tight so you might have to remove some parts to get in there...

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RO you got it.

I took it out of its bracket and rested it over the vent screw in the radiator hose. I think with a nice long hose clame it will stay put and still be easy to get too.

Thanks bud, off to lowes to find a clamp.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well all worked well until the last thing. The darn air line is not long enough to hook up both shocks and go from the compressor to the Y.

The only writing on the hose is independent cycles...no size no nothing....anyone have any idea where to get this stuff?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Did you look at Lowes? Do those shocks use pnuematic connectors that just slide in and lock or are they screw on? I am sure you can find something somewhere :D.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
I think the Legends line is a proprietary size. I know on the Arnott systems we use standard DOT lines in standard sizes so you can get replacements on the road. The Legend stuff is a very thin air line, I would guess 3/32" or so.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
my best guess is this stuff is 4mm or even 5/32" its very hard to get a good reading with it being flexible.

I just searched all over the internet and see mostly 4 mm stuff vs 5/32 in air tubing so I am guessing thats it.

I bet I never find that at lowes lol

Seems like everything I get on the weekends needs a part from somewhere that is only open on weekday and is 5 states away.

Guess I can contact legends monday to find out for sure what size it is.

·
SOLD
3,118 Posts
vesteroid said:
my best guess is this stuff is 4mm or even 5/32" its very hard to get a good reading with it being flexible.

I just searched all over the internet and see mostly 4 mm stuff vs 5/32 in air tubing so I am guessing thats it.

I bet I never find that at lowes lol

Seems like everything I get on the weekends needs a part from somewhere that is only open on weekday and is 5 states away.

Guess I can contact legends monday to find out for sure what size it is.
I just had a simliar issue after I installed my Ricks tank I had to move my compressor for the AirFx shocks. After going all over I went to the auto parts store and grabbed some hard plastic vaccum lines which work great. I think they're 5/32 dia.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I finaly got smart and took my digital calipers and measured the fitting. Its 4mm exactly.

i bought 25 foot of tubing from mcmaster carr....lucky me.

I hope to have this working next weekend.

The weird thing about this is the shocks sit out futher than stock with those god awful spacers at the top, in fact the shocks are canted out from the bike instead of being 90 degrees from teh ground. Now I can not put the rear pegs upright. They hit the shocks. I cant really see any reason when the shocks need to be spaced so far out at the top.

·
Premium Member
7,727 Posts
vesteroid said:
The weird thing about this is the shocks sit out futher than stock with those god awful spacers at the top, in fact the shocks are canted out from the bike instead of being 90 degrees from teh ground. Now I can not put the rear pegs upright. They hit the shocks. I cant really see any reason when the shocks need to be spaced so far out at the top.

Are you sure you got a kit for a factory 240 bike? The 240 bikes have a wider rear frame section and could be causing this if the wrong spacers are used. HD cobbled together the rear frame so you need different spacers for all 4 bolts.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I dont know if its the correct kit or not

I ordered it from jerry at hogpro, told him what bike I had and it came in....doesnt say anywhere

·
Registered
519 Posts
o2man98 said:
Are you sure you got a kit for a factory 240 bike? The 240 bikes have a wider rear frame section and could be causing this if the wrong spacers are used. HD cobbled together the rear frame so you need different spacers for all 4 bolts.
I did not use any spacers with my AirFX - those went in the trash. I did put chrome washers between frame/swingarm and shocks though. I know exactly what you are referring to...

1 - 18 of 18 Posts