Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Any of you had any issues when your turn the key (ignition switch) on and your left turning signal is blinking and the only way to turn it off is pressing on the right hand turning switch. But then the left turning signal doesn't work at all after that. The hazards and right hand side signal works but the left side doesn't. This just started last night after coming home from work.

Thanks Much

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
Any of you had any issues when your turn the key (ignition switch) on and your left turning signal is blinking and the only way to turn it off is pressing on the right hand turning switch. But then the left turning signal doesn't work at all after that. The hazards and right hand side signal works but the left side doesn't. This just started last night after coming home from work.
It would help to know what year and model bike you have.

Also, is the security light (= "key icon") on? If so, read the code and post it. (Procedure for reading codes depends on model year.)

The normal procedure to stop a side from flashing is to press the switch for that side and it should then toggle off. Doing what you mention (pressing the opposite side switch) should switch the flashing to the other side.

My guess is you have a bad switch or a short or open in the left side switch circuit.

Have you done any work on the handle bar or hand controls?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
2010 F' - I do not have the Siren II security system. The key icon flashes when the system is doing its system checks but goes away. Codes read none with the exception of this following the 'none' PN 68921-07. No work done to the handle bars. Everything is stock except different exhaust.

·
Premium Member
6,248 Posts
2010 F' - I do not have the Siren II security system. The key icon flashes when the system is doing its system checks but goes away. Codes read none with the exception of this following the 'none' PN 68921-07. No work done to the handle bars. Everything is stock except different exhaust.
I'm still guessing a problem with the switch or switch wiring.

The PN 68921-07 you see is indicating that you have this item (TSM no security) installed.

Just to be clear, the key icon shouldn't flash. When you turn the ignition on both the key icon and the CEL (check engine light) should illuminate steady for about 4 seconds and then go out (if you don't have trouble codes).

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Correct Stever, Just illuminates for a few and goes away. Well a switch shouldn't be that hard to replace. Thanks for your assistance sir

·
Registered
20 Posts
I had something similar on my 14 F. I spent several hours looking for a short along the harness. Ended up having to replace the entire rear tail light assembly. It was an expensive part but it fixed my problem. I was, however, reading a trouble code. Might not be your issue but that's where my turn signal troubles took me. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts