Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We're back from Leesburg, Florida, for the 3-day bike fest.
8th annual show. Pretty good. They said they increased vendors from about 75 the previous year to 125 this year, and they're going to increase it about another 40 for next year.
It's getting to be pretty big. Saturday was they're biggest day, with about 120,000 bikers.
Two stages with bands.
Their Bike Show is put on by Rats Hole Bar. Pretty prestigious event for Florida. We had 6 V-Rods entered into the show in the "Over 1,000 Custom" class, that included 31 motorcycles, mostly custom-made choppers. They had 8 finishers for plaques and trophies. None of the V-Rods captured any of the first 8 places. Guess they aren't impressed with V-Rods. The first 2 places were Pro builders with 53' tractor-trailers hauling the bikes to the show. Their tires have never touched black-top, I'm sure. "Widow" and "Medusa", which Gal Flys says enter and win every year.
I think Gal Flys was the only V-Rod entered last year and took second. This year was 6. Maybe they'll get a V-Rod class together for next year (they had two Sportster classes with 13 awards between them).
Pics of our V-Rods attached.
More pics of other V-Rods we saw on the streets in next posts.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Innovative products

Every bike show has innovative products.
V-Rods are no exception.
I liked these two...
(well, one isn't actually a V-Rod, and I wouldn't want to meet the guy that rode it there).

The chrome hose cover is unique. We didn't meet the owner, but there's a business card on his bike: Jay Jaskolka, Jays Welding Service, Sarasota, FL 941-951-0541.

I left a message for him this morning, and the v-rodforums.com invite.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
More innovation

More V-Rod innovation...
Owner unknown.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cool paint

I thought this was a cool paint scheme.
Not a V-Rod, but we can give him an honorary V-Rod membership for the day, perhaps.
Yes, those are sunglasses facing the rear with eye-balls facing front. His mirrors are the same, but I didn't get a photo of them. Maybe someone else did.

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Rinehart vs V-mod 16 ga.

We got to fire up Wayne's orange V-Rod with Rineharts and mine with V-Modded 16-gauge exhaust for a side-by-side sound comparision.
His bike was parked 6" behind mine.
Most of us concluded that the Rineharts were a little louder and the V-Mods and little deeper throat.
One of the great advantages of attending these things...

PS: Wayne visits us once in awhile, but we encouraged him to get involved with v-rodforums.com. That orange paint on the shrouds, covers, etc. he did himself to match the orange in the H-D paint scheme on the airbox and fenders. He said he worked hours and hours to get just the right color match with just the right amount of candy. Came out good, didn't it?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
And Ms Bikefest

Cant have a wonderful bike show without some gorgeous ladies to hand out trophies:

Attachments

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Brent,

Son, I saw you shoot pics of BIKES. What happened? I know. You deleted them so you'd have room in the camera for the babes. You did the right thing.

God bless Florida & SoCal. The sun makes the chrome shine and the girls tan. :boobs:

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Jim, I am rolling on the floor laughing..... Actually, I figured since you posted the vrod pics, I would post the babe pics...... I think your vrod pics came out better anyway.
The funny thing is Ms. Leesburg I new from a bar she worked at in Clearwater.

By the way, enjoyed the ride to Leesburg with you....

·
Registered
587 Posts
I think you will find that most bike shows dont know were to place vrods additionally most the judges dont know what a stock vrod looks like so they dont get/see the mods that have been made. DH

·
Registered
587 Posts
Also I should tell ya that orlando HD factory puts on a great bike show, with vrod class, and $300 for first place vrod so if your in daytona be sure to bring your rod. DH

·
Banned
12,582 Posts
Ricky G. said:
KAZ....
You never give up......
Ricky,
she would Never be the Same again! :diablo:

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Gal Flys was in Leesburg, too. Not in the bike show, although we placed in that class last year. Brent and I hooked up with her, but I didn't get a pix of her bike at Leesburg, but this one is a photo I took of her bike in Daytona.

There were others, too, but I was counting on Brent to photograph them and all he did was get the Babes!
Jeezh.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,777 Posts
Jim, Thats the problem with 40 and single..... I just end up taking pics of the babes.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Darn: Where are all the V-Rods while Iam on Treasure Island. Saw I during my 3 wk stay the first of the month, and it lived on the Isle of Palms. LOL :vrod: AL

1 - 18 of 18 Posts