Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!

I purchased the following LED turn signals to install on my VROD (06 Nightrod):

Drag Specialties Black LED Handlebar Marker Lights with Smoke Lens

Also bought a set of load equalizers to go with it:

Joker Machine LED Turn Signal Intensifier Converter

Installed the left turn signal to instructions, LED would act as a running light and a blinker. However, it starts flashing at a normal pace then after 3 flashes it goes quickly. Wondering if any of you have had this issue before.

I haven't installed the right blinker yet, would installing it solve the issue? Don't want to cut the old turn signal before I get an answer.

Thank you.

·
Talk to the boot!
498 Posts
I had issues like this when installing LED lights for the blinkers once. The blinker controller thinks the LED is a blown bulb, so you get the fast blink as a warning. You can get a wiring converter that keeps the blinker controller from freaking out, has some circuit in it to stop it. They're known as "load resistors" so you should be able to find a compatible unit and shoehorn it in!
Good Luck!

-I see you got the load thingie... Perhaps you need to do both sides for it to work properly, that I don't know.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Hi!

I purchased the following LED turn signals to install on my VROD (06 Nightrod):

Drag Specialties Black LED Handlebar Marker Lights with Smoke Lens

Also bought a set of load equalizers to go with it:

Joker Machine LED Turn Signal Intensifier Converter

Installed the left turn signal to instructions, LED would act as a running light and a blinker. However, it starts flashing at a normal pace then after 3 flashes it goes quickly. Wondering if any of you have had this issue before.

I haven't installed the right blinker yet, would installing it solve the issue? Don't want to cut the old turn signal before I get an answer.

Thank you.
BT801 Smart Equalizer

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Update: After installing the second LED indicator the problem was fixed. Thanks for the input everyone!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts