Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Are there any other good led tailights other than heavy cycles ? I had the heavy taillight on my old bike and its a great peice but just don't have that kind of money at this time.

·
Ride safe!
680 Posts
Get the HD taillight, about 105 from Zanottis.....great looking very visible light, and you can actually get one, as opposed to the heavycycles lights.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Get the HD taillight, about 105 from Zanottis.....great looking very visible light, and you can actually get one, as opposed to the heavycycles lights.
Thanks. Is it pretty bright.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
HD LED tail light is crap. I went that route before biting the bullet on the LONG awaited HC.

·
Premium Member
361 Posts
http://stores.motolume.com/-strse-252/(LED)-02-dsh-11-VROD-fdsh-Night-Rod/Detail.bok
I have this one... it seems ok so far. Got it last year with the smoke lens. Only thing is the smoke isn't very dark... almost just clear. I used to have a cheap smoke lens with an incandescent bulb in it... but my wife was following me one day and said she could hardly see the light so I switched to this one... it is much brighter.

·
K.I.A. '07 AW
10,908 Posts
Elrod: the number of LEDs, or lack there of is abysmal considering the price. It's been awhile since I counted them, but I believe there are only 10-15 actual LEDs. Definitely an improvement over stock, but with a little research and a soldering iron you could convert your stocker to LED with 40 or more high quality LEDs for less than $50. (unless you need to purchase a soldering iron, in which case add 20 bucks)

·
Livin the dream
261 Posts
What's crap about it? I think it's a nice looking light .
Ordered and installed the HD Clear LED from Zanotti for $105. May not have as many LEDs as some, but I really love the look.

·
Premium Member
10,801 Posts
I like it. HC is on a long vacation, I guess.

·
durata membro
17,603 Posts
Elrod: the number of LEDs, or lack there of is abysmal considering the price. It's been awhile since I counted them, but I believe there are only 10-15 actual LEDs. Definitely an improvement over stock, but with a little research and a soldering iron you could convert your stocker to LED with 40 or more high quality LEDs for less than $50. (unless you need to purchase a soldering iron, in which case add 20 bucks)
Gotcha.I do make my own fancy LED arrays.I have built some cool ones for my Harleys and some customers pick up trucks.
I can usually cram dozens of 5mm led's in.The best one I like is the Bar&Shield w integrated T signals that I still run in my 03.
I left the Bar&Shield without T signals in the rear of my Heritage when I sold it.I hope the new owner likes it.

Ordered and installed the HD Clear LED from Zanotti for $105. May not have as many LEDs as some, but I really love the look.
I've seen them too.I like them,this is why I asked what was wrong w them.

·
Registered
976 Posts
I have the HD LED taillight and I have received plenty of compliments .

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Whats the hold up on the heavy cycles light. I ordered one years ago for my old bike and got it pretty fast. Unlike the HID kit I just orderd from DDM last night. Got an e-mail today that said 2 to 4 weeks before shipping. Bummer

·
Registered
53 Posts
Have you looked into the clear alternatives integrated light? I am getting ready to order one for mine. I had one on a sportbike that I used to have and it worked/looked great in my opinion.

·
Registered
53 Posts
You can type in vrod clear alternatives in Google and different suppliers will show up; 58cycle, phat performance parts, etc. Most are right around $100. Or, you can go directly through Clear Alternatives, which I think is Moto Lume out of California.

Now I can chop off the ugly rear signals and black plastic that I hate.

·
Tag
86 Posts
I ordered a smoked tail light from chromeglow which i think get them from radiantz, the first one i received was broken, cost me $30 Aust to send it back from Sydney which they said they going to reimburse. Received another one this time not broken but marks all over lens, contacted them who then said thats how they are WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT,anyhow i purchased some mothers plastic polish & got most of the marks off. I fitted it to my 09 NRS & it's very bright as 20 odd led's. Sent numerous emails to be reimbursed the shipping but sweet **** all from them thus far, won't deal with them again.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts