Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to put some red LED accents on my D. As per your experience, what would you suggest is the best to go for in terms of looks and ease of install?

·
Chrome is king!!!
20,269 Posts
I can't answer for Texas, but I know in NJ you can get a ticket if they are on while riding and it doesn't matter what color they are they are all illegal.

·
# 12/50 Ignite LE
2,913 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Sweet, thanks. Also, anyone know off hand how legal this is in Texas?
The only color that you might get away with in Texas would be amber. You can read this for more information.

·
Part-time mod
10,859 Posts
Vrod-Mike said:
Definately use the ones from Custom Dynamics. Good quality at a reasonable price.
:them: If you're worried about the "law" just don't run them when you are in motion, only when you're parked.

·
Not in EP anymore
1,693 Posts
masterofpuppets said:
Sweet, thanks. Also, anyone know off hand how legal this is in Texas?
I run the blue LEDs, check the gallary and I also have a thread somewhere. I always have them on when driving at night. As long as the lights aren't strobing or a "projection" type light you are good. I also drive on Ft. Bliss (Army installation) with them on and the only comments I have ever received coming thru the gate is "Like the bike."

A buddy on mine here in El Paso has the red LEDs and he also rides with his on at night.

·
Phil Z.
1,117 Posts
I did the harley pods and have no complaints (aside from the price tag). I like the dimmer feature since I can dial them way down to just a hint of blue. on chrome its hard to tell if you're seeing light or reflection.

·
Pulling your strings
859 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
NightMare said:
:them: If you're worried about the "law" just don't run them when you are in motion, only when you're parked.
Well, I'm thinking about doing it not only for the looks but for the visibility.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts