Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing LED lighting for the front and rear turn signals. Is there a way to disable the BAS (Bank Angle System) on the bike so that my blinkers will not blink rapidly? I usually turn off the turn signals before the system does on my bike so it really isn't a necessary option for me to have. Also, will removing this system from the bike mess with the security system?? I have heard that it is a integral part of the system...

·
Premium Member
2,928 Posts
It's not the BAS, it's the alarm/tsig module seeing low load which it interprets as a burned out bulb. You need load equalizers installed
Ed

·
H VROD 5
498 Posts
If you don't want to drop $60 and are not afraid to cut your wires, you can make up your own with a couple resistors and diodes. Probably 5 bucks from radio shack. I found a link on how to DIY, when I get home I will pass it along.

·
Friend of Max.
21,715 Posts
If you don't want to drop $60 and are not afraid to cut your wires, you can make up your own with a couple resistors and diodes. Probably 5 bucks from radio shack. I found a link on how to DIY, when I get home I will pass it along.
I prefer the solid state Biketronics module to the resistors. Resistors build heat. I know you're only using them on your turn signals, but still, there isn't any good place to put heating resistors under your fenders without the potential to cause problems.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If I were more confident in my wiring abilities I would go the cheaper route but I will drop the $60 to get the module. Thanks though

1 - 7 of 7 Posts