Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I been looking for a LED headlight for my "F" but I can't find one. Looks like HD makes a really good one but nothing for the "F"!!! I would like to do some night rides and the stock High beams are less then Par. Being in Northern WI the Deer are crazy so I need all the help I can get.

Here's a video of the HD. I would like something that can perform this well :notworth:
http://youtu.be/-gQ7tjo8LPE

·
Registered
40 Posts
I'm in the same boat as you. I live in NW Iowa and the deer are always thick and the racoons and rabbits are everywhere this year. The other night I was coming home from MN and got into the curves and it literally scared me. I could not see anything looking ahead into the corners.

This is a thread I found and I researched it a little bit and I think it will work on our "F" headlights. As soon as I'm back from another MN trip I will be ordering this stuff up. Anyway here is the thread and I will post a link to the parts.

The Thread-

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128246

H11 for low beam and H9 for the high beam and it sounds as if the 35w are plenty--surely it would be if you coupled this with the high/low beam mod.

The parts-

http://www.ddmtuning.com/product.php?II=105

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm gonna look into seeing if another V-Rod model bucket will fit so I can run the HD lamp first. I don't know why but there are not a whole lot of aftermarket parts available for out "F's". It's not like its a out of date bike, they still make it. We have a Deer park for all the tourist visiting WI Dells (about 20 min away from me) so the deer really move around out here, A lot more in the day time lately but I don't ride at night untill I figure something out

·
Premium Member
10,797 Posts

·
Registered
402 Posts
DDM HID ozzie21

I been looking for a LED headlight for my "F" but I can't find one. Looks like HD makes a really gootd one but nothing for the "F"!!! I would like to do some night rides and the stock High beams are less then Par. Being in Northern WI the Deer are crazy so I need all the help I can get.

Here's a video of the HD. I would like something that can perform this well :notworth:
http://youtu.be/-gQ7tjo8LPE
I was looking for an LED also & couldn't find one either. There's quite a few threads on here about the DDM's including one from me on this with pics & a link to an installation video. Forget about the LED. Go with the DDM's. Cheap & easy mod. Big difference & you won't regret it. Follow the instructions from the threads on here & you won't go wrong.

·
Muscle
208 Posts
Retrofit hid kits are not reliable. Had my fair share of ballasts go out in my truck. I don't want that happening while on my bike. Don't know about you guys.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
Sent from my EVO 4g

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
These are pics from bulldog led and from mayhem on his prototype. I'm going to be going with it. The light comes prewired for your bike and Mayhem recomends a 85%-100% on the high low split and flood/spot/flood on the stackup of internal LEDs

Sent from my EVO 4g

Attachments

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
These are pics from bulldog led and from mayhem on his prototype. I'm going to be going with it. The light comes prewired for your bike and Mayhem recomends a 85%-100% on the high low split and flood/spot/spot/flood on the stackup of internal LEDs

Sent from my EVO 4g
Thats....Differnet :hidesbeh:

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
After speaking to Dylan at Bulldog about the pattern, he indicated that due to the vertical orientation, the spot/flood/flood arrangement produced the best results. When I angled the light, the results were great.

Until some one else tries a different arrangement of maybe flood/spot/flood or flood/flood/spot, I will have to assume Dylan is right. I think by going w/the flood/spot/flood combo u may not have to angle it as much...but then u run into the blinding factor. So I believe some angling will be required to avoid that. The spot gives depth and flood gives spread.

As DOITLAYNSTYLE mentioned, based on ure riding preferences (lot of night time riding etc.), I would recommend going to a 80-85% on Lo. My current setup is 75% at Lo/ 100% at Hi.

·
LIFESHORTRIDEHARD
1,164 Posts
If that is what he recommends I will probably go with it. Spot on top Flood/flood? Any way you look at it the visual looks a ton better.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts