Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys this started out as just a project for myself and I posted the pics in the General section. A few folks contacted me about producing these so I thought I would post up here in the DX section. I am not a business and I'm not trying to make a ton of money here. I'm just offering these up because I was asked to. If anyone is interested here is the thread that gives all of the details. I need 10 people to commit or it isn't worthwhile to get these cut out and do the CAD work.

http://www.1130cc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=147430

And a pic for reference.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I added the info to the first post in the original thread but the price would be as follows:

$65.00 for the bracket only, you supply your own light
$450.00 for the bracket and light with the mods and all hardware completed

Both of these prices are shipped unless out of the US then there will be a slight increase in shipping depending on where its going.

I need 10 folks to commit and then I will contact you for payment. It will take me a few weeks to build them as I will have to do the CAD work, get them cut, weld them, then send them for powder coat but it shouldn't take more than 3 weeks I hope. I will keep everyone updated in the original thread.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Put me down for a bracket for this light. I am curious if u ever took photos of it at night. I may be jumping the gun. about to go look back at the original post. Also for new orders are you providing the 12v light or still the 24v. Is the brightness the same on both?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Any lights that I supply will be the 12V version. There is no difference in the light output. I am only using the 24V for my prototype because it was free to me. I will be changing mine out for a 12V now that I have it all working. When you look at the pics you will see a relay and a transformer attached to the back of my bracket which are only required for the 24V light to operate on the 12V system. The 12V lights will be plug and play.

I don't have pics outside at night yet as I am also in the middle of doing a 300 mod to the rear and the bike isn't able to be moved at this time.

·
Premium Member
191 Posts
Any lights that I supply will be the 12V version. There is no difference in the light output. I am only using the 24V for my prototype because it was free to me. I will be changing mine out for a 12V now that I have it all working. When you look at the pics you will see a relay and a transformer attached to the back of my bracket which are only required for the 24V light to operate on the 12V system. The 12V lights will be plug and play.

I don't have pics outside at night yet as I am also in the middle of doing a 300 mod to the rear and the bike isn't able to be moved at this time.
I am over here right now, but I don't mess with the heavy equipment much. We drive toyota pickups around. I don't mean to get off topic, but where did you get your 300 mod?

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I built my own 300 kit. I have less than $1000 in all of it, wheel, tire, and axles. I'm doing something a little different on my conversion as well but I won't reveal that until I get it finished.

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm not sure there will be a next round. I will be heading back overseas soon. Not sure of the date that I'm leaving yet. I know I have time to get this set out the door but I can't make any promises on any others.

·
Registered
4,221 Posts
i would like the whole setup please. now does anyone have a vivid black DX nacelle for sale? that way i still have one with the Hid setup

·
Registered
627 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
redracer95, I have you on the list.

I also could use a spare fairing for fitting all the light sets if anyone has one.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I bought the Harley LED for my VRSCDX, and they just came out with a "Black LED" that I want instead.... may be selling my still-new LED.

·
Premium Member
2,029 Posts
I bought the Harley LED for my VRSCDX, and they just came out with a "Black LED" that I want instead.... may be selling my still-new LED.
well let us know how much if u sell or at least me :p

·
Registered
24 Posts
Got my VRSCDX delivered today, happy with the clear LED. Won't be changing that light, but the dark is gorgeous. Let me just say that Sedona Orange is gorgeous, the Reach bars make a world of difference and the Sundowner seat have made this baby a long-distance friend.

Now just shopping for mid-mounted pegs...

·
Captain DeadPool
660 Posts
I have 10 of the lights for sell. I will start anew thread to let people know and I will drop them in the classifieds. they are the 24 volt lights. 65Ch3v3LL3 said he could do the wire harness with the relays and transformers but he will need your oem wire harness off your bike. I will let these lights go for 175 shipped to 65Ch3v3LL3. You will have to ship your harness. these lights are not new in box, but they are in like new condition. PM me if your interested.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts