Harley Davidson V-Rod Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,
I had this idea the other day while looking at the front of the bike. I've never liked the amber lights on the front. I switched to smoked lenses but when the bike is running the amber bulbs are on so you still get that funky amber light on the front.

I started looking at LED replacement bulbs to get rid of the yellow look and thought about trying to make my own replacement unit. I was thinking about using white LEDs for the driving lights and amber for the turn signal only (to match the head light). The LEDs are clear when off so it should give the look I want. I just ordered high intensity wide angle LEDs today. I will update with pictures when I have something to show.

·
The Heavycycles Guy
6,785 Posts
you're not going to get the desired brightness with a half and half mix like that... especially if you're using 5mm (T-1 3/4) LEDS.

not trying to bust your bubbles, just speaking from experience.

Here's a set of my front signals, all amber, for running light and turn signal:

Max has seen them lit up...

·
Banned
924 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
DrHeathenScum,
No bubbles bursted here and don't worry, not to trying compete with your products.

But.......
From what I've seen from preliminary testing, I think our units will prove be a "MUST HAVE" for those seeking a unique (cool) look while maintaining an equal level of safety.

·
Twisted!!!!!!!
1,471 Posts
Kidding and :eek:fftopic . We should make a thread or poll about computers. After all, this is the internet we are in.

I'll bet you Kaz is running 12000 THz with a nitrous cooled system PC, a 52" monitor, overlocked graphics chip, all SCSI of course.

Apple???? How are those guys?? And pink lettering tooooo?

P.S. I like'em too! They're cute!:rofl3: :rofl3:

Ahem! White LED's sound like a cool idea.:cool:

glz! That is one hell of a ride you have.:cheers:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts